CFT training on the beach

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Mattybouy, Dec 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what the rules are regarding CFT training on the beach, is it allowed or not.

Thanks

2. No need to panick big man, you're the PTI, you can take CFT training off-road if you wish.

Is someone giving you grief?

3. No, its just someone ssaid its not allowed, just want to clarify it, i think its great but you know what someone folk are like......always moaning......lol

4. Some folk are never happy mate, I'd rather tab on a beach with a bit of give under foot than tab on roads or paths, gives me shin splints like a b!tch.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Many years ago 1981 to be precise we used to tab back from Hythe to IJLB along the shingle, 5 miles, they reckoned it increased the drop out rate dramitically!

6. Ahhhh heady days.

What made it fab was the last little bit up Hospital Hill. :D

Matty, who is questioning it? Do they not understand what CFT stands for? Or is it just another gobby 'barrack room lawyer' who cant get to grips with the differences between military and civvy life?

7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I've been taken for a tab on a beach before, and then a squad march back to the accomodation; went something a little like this;

"Company BY THE LEFT quiiiiiiick, March!" Then, after a bit "Left Wheeeel"

"But Sgt, that's the sea"

Cue the first few rows getting wet, and the rest doing their best impression of RAF drill...!

Happy days!

8. I'll 2nd devilish comment ref the tabbing on beach,

I've not done a CFT in a while but if in remember what ever route you take/have just make sure a recovery vehicle is close or at least get access to any casualty just in case it does happen

(unless it's changed yet again)

i'm sure some1 on here will clarify this for def (hopefully)

9. Surely a big difference between running on the hard stuff down near the water and running on loose dry sand - to manage the latter for long, with boots and kit, you'd need to be Lance Armstrong.

Either that or it becomes "running" - 3mph stagger, making all the right moves and noises but not really getting anywhere.

Absolutely 'kin soul destroying.

10. Cheers guys, i just cana b bothered with some idiot telling me that i cant do something and everone else agreeing as its hard work!!