CFT question

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by wobbler, Jun 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Prize for the first dumbaarse question in ages?

What footwear is worn for CFT run? (told you it was dumbaarse)
  2. msr

msr LE

Issue boots.
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Or Lowas

or Hanwags

or Altbergs

or Magnums

or GSG9s

Can anyone tell me - what are the best boots for tabbing in?
  4. Ones that fit and are comfortable the cft will still hurt regardless of what boots you wear, just turn your head off and do your best.
  5. I always find the best ones are the ones on my feet and not the ones in the shop or the clothing store
  6. Pink Fluffy Bunny Slippers

8. Here's a non wah then.

What if you can't get on with the issue boots? I bought a pair for civvy walking to replace the previous model Boots Combat High that I'd worn out. The newer (current) ones tore my feet to shreds. So I bought another pair of the older BCH and they were fine.

I suspect another pair of the current ones would cause the same problem so would I be expected to make my own boot flavoured black pudding or would it be permitted to wear an alternative :?
  9. If youve got problems with issue footwear, see your MO, if he agrees the issue boots arent doing you any favours, he will issue a chit to get some comfy magnum stylee brothel creepers.
  10. Like everyone else has mentioned issue boots. Although I have seen a few guys who have passed all their basic training wearing Magnum Spider 8" because of it being so lightweight, really depends on yourself though and what agrees with your feet.
  11. Any boot you like as long as they're comfortable and don't blister your feet. I personally use Lowas, however alot of people are using the non-goretex Altbergs. If you want a good boot to last, you're gonna spend over £100.
  12. AFAIK you'll have to wear issue boots UNLESS you have a chit from the MO, so go and get it sorted ASAP Mate.