Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

CFT In Jetpack order?

I think you are all talking bollocks. I am sure I have never done a CFT with over 50lb of kit !

Do you not mean 25lb guys ?

Oh yes, if you need build up training to do what is essentially a fast(ish) walk for a couple of hours then you need to get a ******* grip of your personal fitness. BFT (or whatever they call it these days), CFT and APWT should need only as much notice as is required to present yourself in the correct order of dress for the activity.

I served at a unit that delighted in morning parades ending in "Right, double away, grab your kit...CFT in 1 hour".

I've had to do a CFT with webbing and bergan that weighed in at 25 kg together, plus helmet, plus rifle, plus water, and then got given a 352. Noice.

I thought it was common practice now to do the CFT with either bergan, or bergan with webbing. Certainly at Sandhurst it was daysack with webbing (but a "decent" kind, the issue patrol pack or, if ta, some shite green thing)