CFT distance

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 762baynet, Jul 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can a qualified PTI help please?
    What is the CFT distance requirement for corps personnel in the TA? I have a minor dilema with my recruits but neither of the PTIs can give me the def answer- is it 4 or 6 miles? The PTI's will get an answer but I need to know asap. Thanks in advance.

2. Why don't you wait for Trussell to post I'm sure he'll have something to say about it

3. 6 Miles....Teeth arms 25kg all the rest 15kg...

4. Here here to that.
    On the CFT side of things.. I think its going up to 8 miles next year. Anyone want to comment?

5. Currently for TA it is 6 miles unless you are going on a deployment then it is the 8 miler.
    Weight:
    Infantry 25kg
    RAC 20kg
    Others 15kg
    This is inclusive of weapon & helmet. Water is not included.
    It is proposed that it increases to 8 miles next year.

6. How are you TA guys gonna cope with the full 8?

7. Yeah cause I'm a PTI.. I post in what.. 2 foreign/ technical areas and recieve a reputation for drizzle :( Sorry guys.. lesson learnt. I only post cause I have an interest.. sorry if it's that annoying.
    And on that note, whatever the distance is, I hope you do well :)

8. Nice one gents, thanks for that...

9. By adding a further 2 miles to one of the easiest tests in the army. :roll:

10. By walking another two miles?

The Regulars have just as many lazy fat cunts as the TA, the difference is that you can biff them out of the door a lot easier than we can.

I thought that the TA RE had to carry 20kg, not 15, with weapon and helmet and water on top of that?

Or have I just been hard done by?

11. I've done the 8 miles with teeth arms weight a few times now, it's still just a nice stroll in the country the same as the 4 miles was.

12. Until some sadistic cunt shouts the immortal phrase.....

"Prepare to double"

Ah well, all this and pay!

13. I hate that phrase, always when I've just about stopped sweating and caught my breath and feeling quite relaxed.

Damn PTI's ruining my walk.

14. The giggle being, that its a piece of piss to TAB 8 miles in 2 hours!

Shouldn't be a need to double!

15. The worst part is when you've got some jack b*stard in front slacking and dropping back, then it's 2 hours of walking and sprinting, I reckon the PTI's put them up to it!!