Cfn Mike Hall REME - Death

Hi
Does anyone remember Mike Hall? He was attached to 16/5th in Hereford 1988-90. I think he left in 1991.
He died last week aged 38. His funeral was yesterday in Manchester.

I remember Mike from the then 16/5L. I gave him a lift home the Christmas he was diagnosed with the big 'C'. Never saw him after that; sounds as though he put up a long fight! R.I.P

Im not sure if its the same Mike Hall I knew in A coy SEME the start of 1988 or the ones from 12 Armd Wksps, was he a VM???, but my condolences to the family anyway. I know of a few Mick Halls in the REME , sad to hear of Mikes death.

The_IRON said:
Im not sure if its the same Mike Hall I knew in A coy SEME the start of 1988 or the ones from 12 Armd Wksps, was he a VM???, but my condolences to the family anyway. I know of a few Mick Halls in the REME , sad to hear of Mikes death.
I dont know, he was my HQ sqn armourer while at Herford BFPO 15. Sadly I was the only army bod there yesterday as he pretty much had little contact with the past life. Loads of folk turned out, I was impressed. Obviously still every popular ;-)
I cant seem to put a photo of his coffin being carried on this post for some reason.

I never knew the man but my deepest condolenses to his family and may Mike R.I.P.

I have had an awful throat infection for two weeks that has really knocked me for six, as well as reoccuring shingles. I said to my wife this morning atleast I don't have MS or 'C' or something uncureable. Life is very fragile isn't it?

VMechA said:
Sad to hear - RIP

Is the Corps looking after his family?
Short answer no. Simply because apart from Mike Im the on army connection they have. I have is army number and told his wife I would inform them when I locate the correct folk. Assuming its REME HQ in google.

Just did a search and can only find Hazebrouck Barracks Arborfield but no phone numbers, did manage to find and email for REME assoc but thats it.
Unless I get a reply from that Im temporariliy stuck. Also emailed veterans assoc.
Any direct numbers or contacts could someone let me know. I want his family squared away, Ta

ThorTaylor said:
Just did a search and can only find Hazebrouck Barracks Arborfield but no phone numbers, did manage to find and email for REME assoc but thats it.
Unless I get a reply from that Im temporariliy stuck. Also emailed veterans assoc.
Any direct numbers or contacts could someone let me know. I want his family squared away, Ta
PM me. I'll speak to someone

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T REME 5
A_Mech REME 15
Maj_Boothroyd REME 34