CFCB 098 - 2 -4 July 2010

It's the 2 days ACF Under-Ossifers do to get their commissions so they can be saluted like the people who spend a year at Sandbags

As stated above, it is a 2 day commissioning board that ACF Under Officer attend to be assessed and selected to hold a commission.

CFCB = Cadet Force Commissioning Board

Two days! Outrageous! Oh well I suppose they'll never command troops Whaaa

Your county turn you down to attend did they?
No thanks, getting saluted by children isn't so much of a turn on for me.

I just think it's a funny setup. To be an officer in the regulars or TA you have to pass a AOSB, then attend a training course which in itself is an effort. To carry the same rank in the ACF you have to attend an AOSB, with the fitness element taken out. No training course.

ACF SNCOs add an 'I' to their rank to show that they are cadet instructors, and remain entirely civillian in their employment. ACF Officers don't add an I, and become Officers of the British Army, through the Class B Reservist thing.

I am just a little at odds as to why everyone else has to do an AOSB with fitness tests just to get considered for a commission, whilst the ACF do one without the fitness element as the entire commissioning process.

No thanks, getting saluted by children isn't so much of a turn on for me.

I just think it's a funny setup. To be an officer in the regulars or TA you have to pass a AOSB, then attend a training course which in itself is an effort. To carry the same rank in the ACF you have to attend an AOSB, with the fitness element taken out. No training course.

ACF SNCOs add an 'I' to their rank to show that they are cadet instructors, and remain entirely civillian in their employment. ACF Officers don't add an I, and become Officers of the British Army, through the Class B Reservist thing.

I am just a little at odds as to why everyone else has to do an AOSB with fitness tests just to get considered for a commission, whilst the ACF do one without the fitness element as the entire commissioning process.
ACF Officer commission is still a Queen's commission for the purpose of ACF administration and the job is different from Active services, same pips different responsibilities, according to QRs Regular and TA soldiers is still required to pay compliments to that rank, irrespective of your personal feelings toward that person.

ACF Officer commission is still a Queen's commission for the purpose of ACF administration and the job is different from Active services, same pips different responsibilities, according to QRs Regular and TA soldiers is still required to pay compliments to that rank, irrespective of your personal feelings toward that person.
I am aware of this, and don't have a problem with it in that sense - the ACF do a job that is worthy in it's own right and naturally it would not be expected for them to undergo the same process as the officer training for fighting soldiers (soldier in the job sense not the 'soldiers and officers' sense).

It's just that CFCB is just AOSB-phys, with no training involved. Do you not think there should be another element to the process than simply fulfilling the criteria for becoming a regular OCdt?

That may well be true semper but do you know how many soldiers actually give a ****?

Hint: It's probably in single figures.

S

stevieni22

Id sooner salute a bunch of monkey's in beret's at Chester zoo than salute a cadet type bloke.Respect is earned not a right of passage.

Id sooner salute a bunch of monkey's in beret's at Chester zoo than salute a cadet type bloke.Respect is earned not a right of passage.
So you would rather salute a bunch of monkeys without any military experience, little social skills, arrsing around for the benefit of spectators, in preference to a person who put numerous man house in running a Cadet unit, dealing with paperwork, liaising with the TA over joint training, taking work home to complete as he has too many interuptions during a training evening, add to this numerosu emails from HQ expecting immediate responses while your own request permission to take cadets out to trips or extra activities that cadets would benefit from sent to HQ only for them get put it in the pending tray forever.

YOU SIR are a Baboon with no understanding of what a cadet Officer does or the Cadet movement, your responses show a distinct lack of intelligence you are unable to distinguish the difference between the Commission and the Man making such vacuous statement indicate the limits of your intelligence.

IF you are serving, It would give me great pleasure to see The Badge give you corrective treatment on respecting the Queen's Commission by poking his pace stick up your arrse and spinning the brass top like a light house inside your empty head.

I am aware of this, and don't have a problem with it in that sense - the ACF do a job that is worthy in it's own right and naturally it would not be expected for them to undergo the same process as the officer training for fighting soldiers (soldier in the job sense not the 'soldiers and officers' sense).

It's just that CFCB is just AOSB-phys, with no training involved. Do you not think there should be another element to the process than simply fulfilling the criteria for becoming a regular OCdt?
Cadet Force commission is not active service, no need for SAS style physical test as there is NO call out liability, it is a Youth Service, the Commission is for taking responsibility for military assets.

Same commission but completely different set of responsibilities, if an ACF Officer want to go War/Active service, he must take a further course at Sandhurst to qualify, however a TA Officer can change his commission from TA to Cadet straight across but have to take an extra Cadet Force specific course to complete the transfer, there is a different training culture and H&S rules also Child Protection issues to cover.

Why does any thread about cadet officers turn out like this? Is it because some people aren't mature enough to just ignore something they a: Don't really know much about and b: don't like? I wonder.

Squids (not an ACF officer)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
massivegeoff ACF 1
static-line-pimp ACF 78
BuggerAll OTC and ACF 6