CFAV with a conviction

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Twisty, Dec 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening all. I expect incoming for this, as I do truly deserve it.

In Nov 2008 I was convicted of driving whilst unfit through drink. I was away from my Cadet Unit at the time and for about a year afterwards, I forgot to inform them of this issue.

I got my license back in Dec 2009 and am now a fully reformed character.

Will I get the book thrown at me when I need to renew my CRB next year?

Thanks in advance.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You could always hang yourself.

If you can't be trusted to be sensible with your car, looking after kids doesn't bode well.
  3. Admittedly I did say I expected incoming, so thanks for that.

I understand your point, it was a very stupid mistake of mine. And I otherwise have an unblemished Cadet and Civvie record.
  4. Cadet and civvy record? Are they not both the same? You're a youth leader with a DPM fetish not a stormer of embassies. Take your own life you groomer.
  5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Doesn't really tie in with you being attested in Jan 07!

Get kicked out for D&D?
  6. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

It is down to the County Commandant/CEO to decide.

I know of one character who was accepted both as a CFAV and later did the board to become a cardboard officer.
  7. Well spotted BandT! Dont people realise you can easily check peoples previous posts? So what happened to your TA career?

Aside from that, I would hope it doesn't affect your ability to be a youth leader. Although they might say you cant drive a minibus?
  8. The TA was informed of my 'incident' and I continued there for another 18 months before moving away from the area.

Thanks to those who have been positive. I know I probably won't be able to drive a minibus, but I still have more that I can do.
  9. Exactly. Those hairless cocks aren't going to suck themselves.

10. Twisty, This will be up to your County Commandant to decide. But if you are going to leave this until your next CRB before it comes to light then you will be in trouble. Your non-declaration of the offence would be regarded as evasiveness. In an organisation that requires CFAVs to be open about their histories, this would not bode well. Most likely you would be discharged with all the negative conotations that go with it.

Far better for you too seek an interview with your County Commandant without delay and explain yourself properly.

You might still be discharged because it's regarded as a serious matter, but being open and comming clean is your best chance.

Besides, it's the right thing to do.
  11. Were you serving in the ACF at the time? Looks like you were, so that might not bode well. If you didn't report because you were NEP from the county you might get away with it, but I don't think you will. Why did you not report it immediately? Why were you driving whilst unfit through drink (I've not heard this phrase before. Is this just over the limit or utterly wankered driving south on the northbound lane of the M6, being chased by a helicopter and 7 police Rovers?)

Its 2 years since the offence, so you may be reformed, but the ACF has had to take a tough line on the adult mess monsters and the drinking culture that was not uncommon in some counties. The ACF today is rightly very concerned with it reputation among it CFAV peers, the MOD and the parents who entrust their children to it in loco parentis.

Contact the padre for advice. Contact your Coy Cdr and the CEO, then if needs be the commandant. Get their advice and try and get at least one if not all, on side.

What is certain is if you don't cough to it on the CRB form, you will be sacked.

I think a lot of this will probably boil down to whether you are a bon oeuf or a cock. If the former, you will probably come out unscathed, if the latter, you are probably toast. You aren't the first CFAV to have a rap sheet.
  12. I was on the ACFs books, but wasn't actively serving with them as I was in a different part of the country. The driving whilst unfit through drink is just the official line for it.

Not sure what bon oeuf means, but I am a reformed character. I don't go anywhere near my car if I've even had a sip of alcohol and don't drive the next day if I have been drinking heavily.

It will go on the CRB form, I don't plan on intentionally hiding it. It wasn't reported immediately as I informed the TA, who I was activiely serving with at the time and presumed it would go onto the same record.
  13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

So the last 2 years don't count then?
  14. I thought you couldnt near an ACF unit unless you had a well thumbed and dog eared passport full of multicolured stamps from a clutch of Far Eastern sex resorts?
  15. I wasn't intentionally hiding it. I have only properly come back to the ACF in the last few months.