Certificate of Service - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Gazzaroyal, Jan 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the TA in 08 and I have applied to re-join the same unit. They have told me that they will not continue my application unless I can show them my Certificate of Service. I NEVER received one.

I was told to phone 0845 6009663 to get a copy - I did and they told me that as I left in 08 I would need to call the JPAC(?) Line 0800 0853600. I phoned them and they said they would raise a request but today they left me a message stating that they cannot help me as they only send these out for former Regular's and not TA..and helpfully they refered me back to my unit......

Can someone point me in the right direction? Any idea where I can get this from? Can this requirement ever be waived?

2. msr

msr LE

Ever get the feeling they don't want you back...?

3. Submit a Subject Access Request - they are obliged by law to do it. That's how I got my Certificate of Service.
  4. I needed to do this a while back and got told the following...

Below are the contact details for Disclosures 1 & 2 where soldiers should request a copy of details of their service if they don't have their paperwork:

Replacement 108s

An AFB 108 can only be replaced in exceptional circumstances and with the authority of DM(A). If lost or destroyed, confirmation of service will be provided, in letter form. Please write to the following address providing proof of ID (a photocopy of a driving license or passport or a recent utility bill) to:

APC MS Support - Disclosures 1
    MP 520, Kentigern House,
    65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX Tel: 0845 600 9663
    Fax: 0141 224 3172
    Email: <mailto:disc1.civsec@apc.army.mod.uk> disc1@apc.army.mod.uk

Wrote to them including service number / unit details as well as stated ID - took about a month to come through.

5. Your certificate of service should have been issued by your unit when your "termination" was processed on JPA - this is done by whoever has the Career Manager role in your unit, probably RAWO.

6. Cheers for the info. Hopefully I can get this sorted.

Msr - You might well be onto something
  7. As an RAWO, we are not Career Managers, but in fact RAWO's. It should be the RCMO, the clue is in the appointment.
  8. Do you work in a TA unit? Or have any experience of the set up of a TA unit - RCMO is one of the "few" luxuries we don't have!!

9. You'll be telling us next that discipline & SJARs should be controlled by the SSA - another luxury item not commonly found in a TA unit!