Certificate of Service - Help Needed

I left the TA in 08 and I have applied to re-join the same unit. They have told me that they will not continue my application unless I can show them my Certificate of Service. I NEVER received one.

I was told to phone 0845 6009663 to get a copy - I did and they told me that as I left in 08 I would need to call the JPAC(?) Line 0800 0853600. I phoned them and they said they would raise a request but today they left me a message stating that they cannot help me as they only send these out for former Regular's and not TA..and helpfully they refered me back to my unit......

Can someone point me in the right direction? Any idea where I can get this from? Can this requirement ever be waived?

Ever get the feeling they don't want you back...?

I needed to do this a while back and got told the following...

Below are the contact details for Disclosures 1 & 2 where soldiers should request a copy of details of their service if they don't have their paperwork:

Replacement 108s

An AFB 108 can only be replaced in exceptional circumstances and with the authority of DM(A). If lost or destroyed, confirmation of service will be provided, in letter form. Please write to the following address providing proof of ID (a photocopy of a driving license or passport or a recent utility bill) to:

APC MS Support - Disclosures 1
MP 520, Kentigern House,
65 Brown Street, Glasgow G2 8EX Tel: 0845 600 9663
Fax: 0141 224 3172
Email: <mailto:disc1.civsec@apc.army.mod.uk> disc1@apc.army.mod.uk

Wrote to them including service number / unit details as well as stated ID - took about a month to come through.

Your certificate of service should have been issued by your unit when your "termination" was processed on JPA - this is done by whoever has the Career Manager role in your unit, probably RAWO.


Similar threads

New Posts