Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certificate of Higher education value

JNM

War Hero
I'm currently preparing to go to Glencorse on the 14th for assessment and I've just received my Certificate of Higher education from uni (just dropped out this summer). Obviously taking it to assessment but was wondering how they're seen by the guys there due to my A-Level results not being stellar and technically it is a higher level certificate. GCSEs are fine I have 6 C grades or above and 3 BTECs at that level.

Cheers

Why not finish the degree and join as an Engineering Officer? A lot better money

JNM

War Hero
Why not finish the degree and join as an Engineering Officer? A lot better money

Hated it, only went in the first place because I didn't know what else to do, college just wanted everyone to go and I never really fit into it well.

Fair enough, your CertHE will certainly help in the REME, as it will add weight towards Potential Artificer further down the road, if that’s what you want to do. My advice in the interim is to look on the Army website for your nearest REME Reserves unit and ask to speak with the SPSI, who can guide you better

JNM

War Hero
Fair enough, your CertHE will certainly help in the REME, as it will add weight towards Potential Artificer further down the road, if that’s what you want to do. My advice in the interim is to look on the Army website for your nearest REME Reserves unit and ask to speak with the SPSI, who can guide you better

Cheers, i’ll do that when I have time/after assessment

I'm currently preparing to go to Glencorse on the 14th for assessment and I've just received my Certificate of Higher education from uni (just dropped out this summer). Obviously taking it to assessment but was wondering how they're seen by the guys there due to my A-Level results not being stellar and technically it is a higher level certificate. GCSEs are fine I have 6 C grades or above and 3 BTECs at that level.

Cheers
I'm in for the 14th to but when I went to careers office the other day they said I will arrive there on the 12th just wondering if you're the same ?

Latest Threads