Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certificate in Education and Training (the new CTLLS)

Im a newbie on the forum and only looking for some help.

Some time ago, some courses warranted CTLLS to be awarded to army instructors. Thats no longer the case for an instructors course i recently attended and aced.

So for my own development I've decided to do it open learning and get some decent civilian accreditation... HOWEVER!

It turns out that i need to write a report on some things and was wondering if anyone you good folks have done this qualification and could provide a helping hand on what to research and how to present the report...

Thanks in advance

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Im a newbie on the forum and only looking for some help.

Some time ago, some courses warranted CTLLS to be awarded to army instructors. Thats no longer the case for an instructors course i recently attended and aced.

So for my own development I've decided to do it open learning and get some decent civilian accreditation... HOWEVER!

It turns out that i need to write a report on some things and was wondering if anyone you good folks have done this qualification and could provide a helping hand on what to research and how to present the report...

Thanks in advance
Thats no longer the case for an instructors course i recently attended and aced.

Self help, help yourself. If you're that good.

Were you top student on the course?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Try using the "Quote" function.

It's very helpful.

So, what would you like us to help you with, oh Top Student?

Basically, its asking for a report on the impact of social, economic and cultural on learning and the cognitive, physical and sensory abilities on learning.

Now, i have been searching and reading reports but theres nothing really covering these points. I always just get referred to one of those "Buy an Essay" websites.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Basically, its asking for a report on the impact of social, economic and cultural on learning and the cognitive, physical and sensory abilities on learning.

Now, i have been searching and reading reports but theres nothing really covering these points. I always just get referred to one of those "Buy an Essay" websites.
If you're that clever, you should be able to do it yourself.

The people who are "big on words and clever stuff" on here are @John G and @rgjbloke . @Tommy_Sun can also write 2000 words about a peanut. Have a look around the site and see whose posts you like, then rip them off. I'm crap at clever things and am more of a "shut up and get on with it" sort of person. @Wordsmith might be worth a try.

If you get stuck, PM me and I'll make something up.

If you're that clever, you should be able to do it yourself.

The people who are "big on words and clever stuff" on here are @John G and @rgjbloke . @Tommy_Sun can also write 2000 words about a peanut. Have a look around the site and see whose posts you like, then rip them off. I'm crap at clever things and am more of a "shut up and get on with it" sort of person. @Wordsmith might be worth a try.

If you get stuck, PM me and I'll make something up.

Thanks for the help! I will keep browsing

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
@Wordsmith might be worth a try.

You grass....

To the OP.

Report writing is something you can learn. If you're starting the report from scratch, it's an iterative process.
  1. Do some research
  2. Put a rough framework together.
  3. Do some follow up research.
  4. Improve the framework.
  5. Write report, doing additional research when necessary.
Microsoft Word is your friend. You can use headings and bullet points to put a framework together. Each bullet point represents a paragraph I am going to flesh out later. Don't just start writing without an idea of where you're going - you'll end up with a sprawling mess.
Heading: Overview of Topic.
  • What are widgets
  • Uses of Widgets
  • Manufacture of widgets
Heading: The History of Widgets.
  • Widgets in the Middle Ages
  • Widgets in the Victorian era
  • Modern Day Widgets
Heading: Markets for Widgets
  • Widget sales in the UK
  • Widget sales in Europe
  • Widget sales in the USA.

To write a decent report you need to understand your audience and pitch your report accordingly. If you're writing a report for the members of ARRSE it would need to be pitched art a basic level of understanding with a fair bit of humour thrown in. If you're writing for your local university, it needs to be scholarly with a lot of technical detail and references in it.

The main thing to do is have a go at it. If you don't have a go, you won't learn and you won't get better. Try and find a friend who'll give you an honest opinion, take the criticism on board and try and incorporate the suggestions in your next try.

Amazon is your friend - there are a lot of books on report writing on there - if you're really quick, there is an Open University text on Report Writing skills available for free download to Kindle. That might be a good start. Beyond that, have a poke around on Amazon, pick a couple of books on report writing and buy them.

Also go down to a reasonably sized library and ask the librarian for suggestions of books on report writing you can take out on loan. They're generally pretty helpful.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads