Certain women, and their pursuit of the perfect arrse.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
My Bold. Slight thread drift, but I disagree with this point.

If you meet up with, settle down with & marry a person, then that person is a package - looks, personality, size, outlook, job, character etc etc etc. For me anyways, maybe I am a bit superficial, but if you hook up with a Sarah Harding lookalikey, and 5 years later you wake up with something that looks like Rebel Wilson then I think you have perfect cause to be a bit unhappy.

The parallel I'd draw is that if your girlfriend moves in whilst you are a £200k pa City whizzkid with a Porsche and a flat in the Docklands, and 5 years later you are a three-toothed gentleman of the road with a bottle of Taurus cider and a park bench to your name, that would change things too.
Think about it...

If the woman you're with ballooned up from a 10 to a 20 she's not going to be too chuffed about it is she? Which kind of reinforces my point.

Whereas meeting someone you like who is already a size 20 and happy in her own skin is completely different.

Similarly you're not going to be happy going from successful wonder to drinking tramp juice in the gutter.

And quite rightly, if we're not happy in ourselves, we can't expect others to be happy with us either and shouldn't be too surprised if we wake up one day to find they've had enough and gone elsewhere.

Think about it...

If the woman you're with ballooned up from a 10 to a 20 she's not going to be too chuffed about it is she?
Which kind of reinforces my point.

Whereas meeting someone you like who is already a size 20 and happy in her own skin is completely different.

Similarly you're not going to be happy going from successful wonder to drinking tramp juice in the gutter.

And quite rightly, if we're not happy in ourselves, we can't expect others to be happy with us either and shouldn't be too surprised if we wake up one day to find they've had enough and gone elsewhere.
I'm not sure that this is a given; I know plenty of people whose other halves are now archetypal NAAFI princesses, having gone from an 8st urban fox when they got together to an 18st urban hippo over the course of 5-10yrs or so, based upon the contentment (ie lazy - arsed lifestyle) associated with being married. And, more tellingly, nor do they give a f**k. The same old tired excuses getting trotted out, ranging from "I just don't have time for the gym" to "I'm still trying to shed my baby weight" - with a 3yr old toddler at her feet. Or "My bloke loves my curves and likes me the way I am".

What it boils down to is self-respect.

I totally agree with your last point though, I think people are well within their rights to Dresden someone (male or female) based upon the fact that they've become a slob.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I'm not sure that this is a given; I know plenty of people whose other halves are now archetypal NAAFI princesses, having gone from an 8st urban fox when they got together to an 18st urban hippo over the course of 5-10yrs or so, based upon the contentment (ie lazy - arsed lifestyle) associated with being married. And, more tellingly, nor do they give a f**k. The same old tired excuses getting trotted out, ranging from "I just don't have time for the gym" to "I'm still trying to shed my baby weight" - with a 3yr old toddler at her feet. Or "My bloke loves my curves and likes me the way I am".

What it boils down to is self-respect.

I totally agree with your last point though, I think people are well within their rights to Dresden someone (male or female) based upon the fact that they've become a slob.
I think this is why you see so many 40+ boilers on these plenty of fish / tinder horror-bag sites.

They meet up in their 20s, looking their best, won't leave the house until the hair straighteners have had at least 5 runs (and that's just on the pubes), make up spotless, shave, shampoo, pampers baby wipes on the tea-towel holder post dump - the lot...

Then for the next 20 years they forget about each other to quite rightly prioritise their children's upbringings.

A couple of decades later the kids have flown the nest and they're kind of like "who the **** are you?" and "is that what I married? Jesus..." Accuse each other of letting themselves go etc... and off they ****. They put their lives on hold to bring up kids / work arses off / deserve better etc

Roll on the dating sites - desperate snap-chat filters, silly dog ears or 20 year old photos sucking the belly in, covering up the fact they've not taken the best care over one's selves the last few years.

Like you said - self respect. Would prevent all of the above and especially when the kids have flown the nest and their purpose seems defunct, they can use it as an opportunity to remember why they were drawn to each other in the first place. Sadly not so common given these celebrity cnuts who make a living out of being turds. Kardashian, Gemma Collins, etc. Role models to the interminable pond life.

Many years ago, sat in the Mess with Sitivine, PBUH, a good Fijian mate, we got round to talking about large birds. He was "courting" a very large piece, I just assumed it was because she could take a punch. IIRC, he told me it was because they were comfortable to sit on.
This trend may have started in places where they'd cut all the trees down, like the Easter Islands, and had no wood left for furniture.
Who knows.

Its opened a flood gate of those [in the past] who would have maybe been a bit embarrassed into trying to maintain a slimmer figure - now they don't give a shit, its ok
It's us that's the problem. Not them