Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cpunk, Jun 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

An emotional ceremony has just taken place chez cpunk. A few moments ago the doorbell rang and when I answered, it was to find the postman, dressed in his warm-weather parade uniform of light blue shirt, dark blue shorts and best sandals. He movingly invited me to "Sign here, Mate", and then presented me with my Iraq medal, only some one year and eleven months after I'd qualified for it. Alas, the solemnity of the moment was slightly spoiled as my dog tried to bite him, causing me to have to break from my position of attention in order to restrain it. Still, it's the thought that counts... :D
  2. Noce that the Army gets all the best people for presentation ceremonies.
  3. Have you got it on?
  4. A round of drinks in the locall Mess (pub) it is then.
  5. I am moved to tears...of laughter!

Nice post.
  6. See the entry on medals in the arrsepedia:

7. You should have just let the beast eat the postie as a kind of mid morning snack before starting on the toddlers anfd grannies in the park

Did your prehistoric mutt then grab it and eat the medal so you now have to sit up all night, potty in hand waiting for a slightly darker shade of ribbon to reappear while the dog shakes like its shieting razor blades? :wink:
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

No, though it got the envelope for the Arrse t-shirt which arrived in the same post. Oddly enough the medal itself looked like it had spent some time up a dog's bum, being somewhat brown and tarnished: perhaps this a new preservation technique?
  9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

MiB's brother has now been waiting 24 months with no sign of the medal arriving.
  10. 25 months for me.