CEREMONIAL UNIFORMS. Looking for some help!

Xenol

Swinger
Afternoon chaps,
I'm currently working on a poster of the ceremonial uniforms of each regiment in the army. Sadly a lot of my books on the subject are out of date thanks to 2020, and finding reference images for some of the more obscure rgts/corps is proving quite a problem. I decided I could do no better than to ask the people who are most likely to end up wearing the stuff. Attached is the work-in-progress. Now I'm not including band-uniforms in this, however I am including uniforms worn by banner-parties and the like (eg Scots DG and R Welsh). For the units which don't have a full-dress (afik) I've just done their No.1s.

Some of the units I need help with are:
-RDG, is there a full-dress?
-Royal lancers, same, do they still have a victorian-style full-dress or was that lost during the 2015 amalgamation?
-RE, is the full-dress only used for the Jersey unit (which is all I've found reference to) or is it universal to the corps?
-Essentially everything under The Rifles on the order of precedence I'm finding quite awkward (do I omit some, and if so, where do I draw the line?)

Much Thanks,
Sam

Attachments

Afternoon chaps,
I'm currently working on a poster of the ceremonial uniforms of each regiment in the army. Sadly a lot of my books on the subject are out of date thanks to 2020, and finding reference images for some of the more obscure rgts/corps is proving quite a problem. I decided I could do no better than to ask the people who are most likely to end up wearing the stuff. Attached is the work-in-progress. Now I'm not including band-uniforms in this, however I am including uniforms worn by banner-parties and the like (eg Scots DG and R Welsh). For the units which don't have a full-dress (afik) I've just done their No.1s.

-Royal lancers, same, do they still have a victorian-style full-dress or was that lost during the 2015 amalgamation?
-RE, is the full-dress only used for the Jersey unit (which is all I've found reference to) or is it universal to the corps?
-Essentially everything under The Rifles on the order of precedence I'm finding quite awkward (do I omit some, and if so, where do I draw the line?)

Much Thanks,
Sam
Last time I was present S (SRY) Squadron, Royal Yeomanry continue to kit out a lance guard in Rifle Green Hussar jacket and breeches with yellow braid and a busby with red and white plume; i.e. the same full dress as worn for the last 120 years. Colonel RY will probably deny this if it is an official poster as it's not a regimental uniform.

You're not including bands, but are you including Corps of Drums who are an integral part of a regiment and will often wear the closest thing to ceremonial dress?

Xenol

Swinger
Last time I was present S (SRY) Squadron, Royal Yeomanry continue to kit out a lance guard in Rifle Green Hussar jacket and breeches with yellow braid and a busby with red and white plume; i.e. the same full dress as worn for the last 120 years. Colonel RY will probably deny this if it is an official poster as it's not a regimental uniform.
Don't worry this is purely unofficial. Started off as a personal project but as garnered sufficient interest for me to consider possibly putting it up for limited sale.

Or even other roles which have full ceremonial dress....
For wacky roles like pioneers etc I'm omitting them - I guess it's a poster of what any common infantryman/trooper etc could feasibly wear (although may never, it's still a potential and official order of dress)

I guess it's a poster of what any common infantryman/trooper etc could feasibly wear (although may never, it's still a potential and official order of dress)
Guess those members of the Machine Gun platoon would feasibly wear them....

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Afternoon chaps,

Much Thanks,
Sam
Rarely Deployed Girls don't have full dress as such. They all just wear dresses, the little bitches.

Ceremonial Dress is not a term I recognise.

There are Orders of Dress, with variations.

Purple_Flash

ADC
*Black* shoes with white trousers???? Dear God. The paramilitary wing of Matalan knows no depths.
Paramilitary Wing of Matalan - A wondrous description, thank you.

Xenol

Swinger
Ceremonial Dress is not a term I recognise.

There are Orders of Dress, with variations.
Is 'pedant' a term you recognise? ;)
I said 'ceremonial uniforms' which generally consists of either Full-dress or No.1s depending on the unit.

Out and about when in house later I shall give all the information you need.

The pioneer is part of ceremonial duties for the Royal Welsh. Its not a "wacky" role neither is the Goat Major!
(Btw i hate the f8cking goats, one bit me in Maindy barracks, I might or might not been winding the thing up)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
-Royal lancers, same, do they still have a victorian-style full-dress or was that lost during the 2015 amalgamation
RDG you might ask here,
Contact - RDG Museum

Royal Lancers,
Contacts | The Royal Lancers Regimental Association

Had you asked for Light Dragoons, I'd have posted the equivalent. Since all these regiments were vulgar fractions together, I assume the mentality of Home Headquarters is similar across associations. I know if I put someone onto mine, they'd be happy to point you somewhere.

Xenol

Swinger
Out and about when in house later I shall give all the information you need.

The pioneer is part of ceremonial duties for the Royal Welsh. Its not a "wacky" role neither is the Goat Major!
(Btw i hate the f8cking goats, one bit me in Maindy barracks, I might or might not been winding the thing up)
Well, I guess they're roles that differ from the standard infantryman - if I started doing pioneers I'd have to do things like the Lifeguards Farrier and all manner of other things.

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Shenkin by the way, always made sure to say hello on the occasions I was in Maindy.

Latest Threads