Ceremonial Duties

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
All well and good, but when a politician asks for a breakdown of costs for deploying 'Horse, ornamental, ceremonial duties for the use of'… he gets told by MOD … 'no, we don't have a scooby how much running all these nags is costing us'.
In an ideal world it would be desirable for government to account to the taxpayer for every penny spent.

The problem with a complex organisation is that it's often difficult to isolate different costs and work out what constitutes a cost. In the case of the HCMR does that include the cost of the personnel? If it does, how do you define that. Is it the whole cost of each individual soldier from the day he joined until he stops drawing a pension? If that is the case how do you define that cost on an annual basis? Do you reduce that cost to take account of the amount of time he doesn't spend on ceremonial? Do you include the cost of the pensions (or a proportion of it) of all soldiers previously employed on PD.

If you don't include those cost then maybe your figure isn't accurate.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No - you're just being wrong but that doesn't matter....
You're right it matters not one whit but I'm curious in what way you are saying I'm wrong?

The original question was how do horses help with the mission.

I replied to point out that that depends in what the mission is - and that government defines the mission for the military.

You claimed they don't (wrong) claiming as proof that the government has not defined the mission in current and recents ops (wrong).

The fact is that the government had defined the mission in Afghanistan. Your opinion may be that the definition (or the mission) is flawed but that's your opinion not a fact.

It's my opinion, which your perfectly entitled to disagree with if you want to make yourself look silly, that the definition of the mission in Afghanistan is perfectly well defined.

That is not the same as saying that it's a good mission or a doable mission.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Ceremonial duties in London to be carried out by Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry, untill 3rd July. Sorry can't figure out how to move photos around. But they sport splendid solar topees and award winning moustaches
Ref... Canadian Army web site.

ÇFB.

Ceremonial duties in London to be carried out by Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry, untill 3rd July. Sorry can't figure out how to move photos around. But they sport splendid solar topees and award winning moustaches
Ref... Canadian Army web site.
ÇFB.

Nice to hear that! They will be there for Canada's 150th Birthday!!

Ceremonial duties in London to be carried out by Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry, untill 3rd July. Sorry can't figure out how to move photos around. But they sport splendid solar topees and award winning moustaches.
7678.jpg

They look the dog's! I'd like to see more Commonwealth contingents stagging on in London. I remember the Bermudans doing it a while back. But what I'd really like to see India's 61st Cavalry upstage the **ck out of the HCMR and RHA on Brenda's big day.

Don't let cost-cutting ruin it all forever. Spread the love: get some cheap foreign labour in!

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
View attachment 286648

They look the dog's! I'd like to see more Commonwealth contingents stagging on in London. I remember the Bermudans doing it a while back. But what I'd really like to see India's 61st Cavalry upstage the **ck out of the HCMR and RHA on Brenda's big day.

Don't let cost-cutting ruin it all forever. Spread the love: get some cheap foreign labour in!
I'd certainly like to see more of From countries where the Queen is Head of State. Also more Reservists. Put the London Regiment on at weekends.

I'd certainly like to see more of From countries where the Queen is Head of State. Also more Reservists. Put the London Regiment on at weekends.
Is the Queen still head of state in London?

I see what you did there.

Found the award winning moustaches, pity bout the neck tattoo.

ÇFB
Lush, neck tattoos - the mark of the total c*unt.

I still laugh thinking of the gopping ned from 5 SCOTS in a tattooists in Cancun....

"Reet pal? Stick a black scorpion on my neck so its claws are next to my eyes"

Irn bru supping, pringle munching, coke sniffing retards, the f*cking lot of them.