Centurion ROF-L-Hull 142 190 III

exspy

LE
This Centurion was just transported across Canada by rail to a new home in BC the weekend before Remembrance Day. According to the accompanying media handouts, this particular tank (which was sold to the Canadian Army in 1952) supposedly had service with the British Army in Korea.

Would anyone be able to determine the history of the vehicle with the British Army prior to its sale to Canada? I can understand most of the ROF identifiers, L meaning Leeds and III meaning a Mk III, but is there a publicly available record identifying which Centurions served where by factory number?

Thanks,
Dan.

Centurion 52-81190.jpg
Centurion BC 2019 11 10.jpg

Likely 8th Hussars?

exspy

LE
Good luck, be interesting to hear the outcome.
A request to Bovington was made but, unfortunately, they only record vehicles by its WD number. They couldn't find our vehicle just based on the hull number. They did provide copies of two key cards as examples of Centurions struck off to the Canadian brigade group. The key cards were put online here.

I've attached them below.

Cheers,
Dan.

.Bovington-1-1024x915.jpgBovington-2-1024x915.jpg

slick

LE
Thats a bugger, I`m not sure where you could try next. Maybe reverse searching, starting with Canadian army records of the vehicle,to see if anything relevant pops up ?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Still one of those shapes that just looks ‘right’.
Makes you wonder what WW2 would have looked like if Centurion had come along a year earlier.

Latest Threads