• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Centurion IR light.

This might be a good place to ask. Chap on a modelling forum has the following question:

Still working on the Centurion Mk 6 Nato. Want to install the infrared light to the front of the turret.

What color would the bulb be?

Could it be seen through the front, and what color would the interior of the light be.

All the photos that I have been able to come up with so far are B/W which don't show much else but a Black hole.
Basically, I guess the question is was it just an IR bulb, meaning that visibly you could see the mirror from the front of the vehicle, or was it a big IR lens at the front end?

NTM

Tell him to just paint it gloss black!!
You might be able to help me with an (nearly) unrelated question, C.T...........
Did the US Army fit a 105 to the M48? I'm sure they did but a mate of mine says not! Incidentally, I drove one in 84 when the Nat. Guard used them - Considering it was the same generation as the Cent it was a pleasure to drive and its engine and driver controls seemed a generation ahead!

Latest Threads