Central London Barracks military tailors - looking for a POC

Discussion in 'Officers' started by jim30, Sep 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

I have a military uniform jacket which needs a medal ribbon added, and some minor adjustments to the fit. My normal tailor for this sort of work is located elsewhere, and I'm unlikely to get to them before I need to next wear said item.

Are there any military tailors (e.g. serving forces) in central London who would be able to do the work, and if so, could someone PM me a contact number please?

2. Jim,

Check your inbox
  3. Jim

I believe all Guards Battalions have a "Master Stitch", you could always try through the QMs at Wellington Barracks.
  4. There's an Afghan tailor in the alley that runs from opposite 70 Pall Mall (next to St James' Palace) in the direction of Piccadilly. He's not a military tailor but I've used him a dozen times for work including complete retro fit of mess kit and tailoring of uniform and can vouch that his work is top quality. Failing that, Benson and Clegg in Burlington Parade just off Piccadilly will do it for you and relieve you of a weeks pay at the same time! Not making that mistake again.
  5. As has already been said you could try the QMs at Welly Barracks, Calvery Barracks in Hounslow, HMCR in Knightsbridge, one of the units in Woolwich or the London District tailors which are also based in Welly Barracks.
  6. Many thanks for the useful guidance, much appreciated.
  7. Hey lads,

Breathing new life back into this thread, I'm looking for contact details for and SQ at Welly Barracks or any reliable tailors that know what they're doing as I'm looking to get sizing done for No. 2 dress.

More info ref the Afghan Tailor on Pall Mall would be great if anyone has used him. Cheers!
  8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

try Redwood and Feller Plimlico , they do the queens uniforms so are very good and not over priced .