Cenotaph Vandalism

Rabble rabble rabble.

Ok, so the article says he has a personality disorder.
I have no idea whether that means it was a life long disorder of whether its as a result of his service.

Moving away from PTSD, personality disorders or any other excuses etc the article mentions he was doing this for ten minutes. I cant help but notice that this was being done in the city centre and at a distance only one to two minutes walk from a major police station!

For my own part, I am finding it hard to say what the fitting punishment should be (in this thread) for this chap vandalising the cenotaph in my city centre.

"A street cleaner working in the city centre said he spotted a male kicking the poppies on part of the Cenotaph.

"He had been watching the man for a while, and he said he found the male's behaviour disturbing and it caused him distress."

The street cleaner is a pussy. I the was punching a puppy, maybe distress is the right emotion.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
"A street cleaner working in the city centre said he spotted a male kicking the poppies on part of the Cenotaph.

"He had been watching the man for a while, and he said he found the male's behaviour disturbing and it caused him distress."

The street cleaner is a pussy. I the was punching a puppy, maybe distress is the right emotion.

He's now off sick with stress and claiming £50k compensayshun

The cleaner being caused harassment, alarm or distress fits in with a requirement for the wreath kicker to qualify for a Section 5 Public Order Act charge.
If the cleaner said he wasn't caused harassment, alarm or distress, that he didn't give a toss or found it all amusing then he's not "complaining" about the kickers behaviour.
'Course, I'm assuming the cleaners a person of "reasonable firmness" and not a pussy.
But hey, the bloke got charged with crim. damage anyway.

Ok, so the article says he has a personality disorder.
I have no idea whether that means it was a life long disorder of whether its as a result of his service.

Moving away from PTSD, personality disorders or any other excuses etc the article mentions he was doing this for ten minutes. I cant help but notice that this was being done in the city centre and at a distance only one to two minutes walk from a major police station!

For my own part, I am finding it hard to say what the fitting punishment should be (in this thread) for this chap vandalising the cenotaph in my city centre.
Personality disorders normally are something you develop due to early life trauma or family dysfunction .As an adult it affects decison making, emotions ,behaviour and make it more likely you will develop a mental illness of some sort. It's also possible to get a PD due to a head injury, so in theory if he got a head injury due to something that happened due to his time in the army, that could do it. Medication might help with symptoms ,such as anger,depression, anxiety but the main treatment is long term psychotherapy. Some PD's are more treatable than others, Borderline Personality disorder is thought to be rather treatable these days. Though getting long term psychotherapy on the NHS is a post code gamble.

The PTSD is a seperate problem though it's possible his personality disorder attracted him to a risky form of employment,so there could be a link there.It's also possible his PD made his PTSD more complex.Again, the main treatment for PTSD is therapy. Overall both conditions make him difficult to treat,no doubt a bit of a prick at times. But if he has been formally diagnosed with both these conditions, he is a sick man.

,but in my view rather than fining him ,it might be better in theory to make a compulsory treatment order. He was apparently ranting in the court room if you believe the daily mail, I will wager if he cannot control himself when he is being judged he will end up before the court again at some point. Makes more sense to treat his condition than punish or next time he could be kicking people around the street and not wreaths.

Gilmour was in my jail for a time. He had his hair cut & looked rather like Harry Potter. He was made to wear a poppy on Remembrance Day.
His mother wrote to the papers saying that he had told her he was locked up for 23 hours a day.
So apart from being a little sh1t, he's a liar as well.

An apocryphal story:- WW2, a German squad of foot soldiers have stoped by the gates of a WW1 commonwealth war cemetery somewhere in France, a young soldier is seen by an old WW1 veteran sergeant, pissing up the gate memorial plinth, without hesitation he shoots the soldier, when asked by his officer why, he says that he has the highest admiration for the British Tommy's, and never expected to be fighting such brave men again. No action was taken.