Cenotaph Flag Swinger Charlie Gilmour gets 16 months in Joe Gear.

Well said Abner.

Why should they free him? By latching onto a cause he didn't agree with and causing trouble, he allowed the media and government to ignore the real issue and just talk about him, but that's what he wanted anyway.

Wendy whatever her name is probably left school at 15 after being an habitual truant. She lives close to the fringes of society and can't even spell the words Cenotaph or war memorial. When she urinated on the war memorial, then fellated one of the other dregs of society, she was drunk. She is one of lifes losers, well known to the police and fundamentally a useless human being. Her disrespect to the war memorial was casual and probably thoughtless.

Gilmour was a second year history student at one of the nation's most prestigious universities. The cost of his education to date is probably more than Wendy has earned/sponged off the state in her life. Some fine minds have tried to teach him the difference between right and wrong over the years. Gilmour deliberately vandalised the Cenotaph and was convicted of various criminal acts involving violence. He compounded his bad behaviour by dishonestly pretending not to understand the significance of his actions at the time.

Each is probably an immature character in their own way. I think the magistrates were perhaps a little bit lenient with Wendy - and she certainly subsequently abused their kindness. But then again, the entire world knows that she sucked a bloke off in the street and her photo was all over the front pages. Gilmour also made the front pages but he will ultimately try and use it to his advantage.

Gilmour's sentence was about right and the judge showed him a lot more mercy than he'd have shown the judge.
He involved himself in political violence and had a lovely time smashing up central London and playing at anarchists. Now he understands that actions have consequences.
No comparison to 'giz the cider and lerrus get rid of the taste of jizz' Wendy Wobble.....

Gilmour's mummy needs to be quiet and reflect upon the fact that her son, is in no way, shape or form, a man.
And that is as eloquent a post as any that has appeared in the NAAFI bar.

All we can be really sure of is that now the most grudging apologies have been made through various "spokespeople", all that follows from now will be the fault of his natural father, the police, the people who built a monument to men for events of which due to his lousy quality of history teaching and the poor general knowledge standards required for The University of Cambridge, he was unaware; and his having to have taken drugs.

He is nmow free for things from now tobe the fault of the Courts and The Prisoin Service.

Back in the last century but one any decent family would let him finish his sentence and have him sent out to some developing country out of the way of civilised people, or had he been another class, simply have disowned him.

Back in the last century but one any decent family would let him finish his sentence and have him sent out to some developing country out of the way of civilised people, or had he been another class, simply have disebowelled him.
Fixed it for you with a bit of wishful thinking. ;-)

My main gripe is, how the fcuk did he get bailed to finish his degree? If I did what he did, I wouldn't be bailed to finish my GCSEs, because I'm ordinary, Northern and I don't go to Oxbridge, nor do I intend to