Celtic buys Rangers for £1, Ibrox to become new training ground

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by DesktopCommando, Feb 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...It could happen

Rangers Administration Move As Football Club's Owner Starts Process | Business | Sky News

Rangers has taken its first step towards administration - as its owner attempts to secure the football club's "long-term security, survival and prosperity".

The Scottish champions have lodged what is known as a 'paper of part' - which is a notice of intention to appoint an administrator - at the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

It is believed the Ibrox club, which has won a world record 54 league titles, now has five days in which to declare formally that administrators have taken over the running of the club.

Rangers' chairman Craig Whyte - who bought the club from Sir David Murray for just £1 last May - issued a statement.

:: Read the full statement here
  2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

the land alone must be worth a few bob even in these straightened times . I wonder if a buyer would get permission for change of use in Glasgow .
  3. Shouldn't the owner have been doing that before this slight problem?
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It does rather show up the inadequacies of the Scottish game.

Rangers - tits up; Hearts - pretty much in the same boat and with a HMRC order ongoing. I wouldn't like to think about the rest of the league.

Less Celtic - who have been surviving simply because no one else has the monetary ability to produce a team that will consistently beat them - the rest of the teams survive on peanuts a year.

Ain't going to change much either.
  5. That would be true if the whole Ibrox area wasn't a shit hole. Best thing for it would be to flatten the ****** and turn it into a park and ride to Braehead!

And no, my heart doesn't bleed for the poor wee Ted prody b@stards!