Celtic buys Rangers for £1, Ibrox to become new training ground

...It could happen

Rangers Administration Move As Football Club's Owner Starts Process | Business | Sky News

Rangers has taken its first step towards administration - as its owner attempts to secure the football club's "long-term security, survival and prosperity".

The Scottish champions have lodged what is known as a 'paper of part' - which is a notice of intention to appoint an administrator - at the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

It is believed the Ibrox club, which has won a world record 54 league titles, now has five days in which to declare formally that administrators have taken over the running of the club.

Rangers' chairman Craig Whyte - who bought the club from Sir David Murray for just £1 last May - issued a statement.

:: Read the full statement here

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
the land alone must be worth a few bob even in these straightened times . I wonder if a buyer would get permission for change of use in Glasgow .

Rangers has taken its first step towards administration - as its owner attempts to secure the football club's "long-term security, survival and prosperity".
Shouldn't the owner have been doing that before this slight problem?

It does rather show up the inadequacies of the Scottish game.

Rangers - tits up; Hearts - pretty much in the same boat and with a HMRC order ongoing. I wouldn't like to think about the rest of the league.

Less Celtic - who have been surviving simply because no one else has the monetary ability to produce a team that will consistently beat them - the rest of the teams survive on peanuts a year.

Ain't going to change much either.

the land alone must be worth a few bob even in these straightened times . I wonder if a buyer would get permission for change of use in Glasgow .
That would be true if the whole Ibrox area wasn't a shit hole. Best thing for it would be to flatten the ****** and turn it into a park and ride to Braehead!

And no, my heart doesn't bleed for the poor wee Ted prody b@stards!