Celebrity?? Whot the F*** are they?

Ignore all of it. Watched Dam Busters film on Saturday an awful lot of the N**ger word being used to some poor chap just off screen then setting a dog on them. Then one scene shows "Dinghy" Youngs room after he crashed and the blade from his Oxford/Cambridge boat with his name on it. Then blow me down the next night is an identical blade on Antiques Road Show. What a coincidence. Good television, no "celebrities" but reality at its finest

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't watch any celebrity shite although I nearly had a wank this morning.

What's not to love watching desperate people put themselves through crap, physical pain and emotional termoil just so they can either revive their mortally wounded career or start one on the back of having a famous parent or they once sucked-off a premier footballer?

I would beef it all up a bit though, and offer ritzy rich lifestyles as to whomever carves swastika's in their foreheads or self amputates a foot, in the most exciting and imaginative way. Currently, they're just not humiliated enough

When they win, they'll inevitably end up on ITV4 or Sky2 in some crap show sucking up to the likes of Chris Moyles (the cunt) or Katie Price (the plastic minger), which on the face of it is all they deserve.
my bold. what time is that on?

Is anyone else getting increasingly annoyed with all these Celebrity shows?
That famous Alan Partridge sketch turned into a bit of a prophesy, with his desperate attempts for TV ideas. "Arm wrestling with Chas 'n' Dave, inner city sumo, cooking in prison". Then some TV channel actually did do a programme about cooking in prison. Unbelievable.

You have so-called celebrities - basically anyone who is related to a footballer or anyone who has been on TV more than once - in the jungle, in a house, ice skating, dancing, cooking and probably other stuff as well. Then the other day I heard someone say that there was a new one where celebrities are taught springboard diving by Tom Daley. Honestly it's like a fecking parody.

I predict that by 2015, every single TV programme must by law have the words "celebrity" or "with the stars" in the title.

To be honest, these shows do not offend me at all.

When i'm having a shit day, i merely have to put one of these shows on for 5 minutes. This is long enough for me to realise i am one of the luckiest people alive. You can shove your celebrity and the issues that come with it up your arse. Vacuous cunts.

That famous Alan Partridge sketch turned into a bit of a prophesy, with his desperate attempts for TV ideas. "Arm wrestling with Chas 'n' Dave, inner city sumo, cooking in prison". Then some TV channel actually did do a programme about cooking in prison. Unbelievable.

Does this mean that they'll start showing monkey tennis?

I predict that by 2015, every single TV programme must by law have the words "celebrity" or "with the stars" in the title.
Or 'Big Fat'. Or a combination there of.

I dont take any notice whatsoever of celebrity shows and i urge others not to either and watch their ratings sink so low they would be shown down under.

It's like the fall of the Roman Empire, bread and circuses. There is an off button and the library is stuffed full of great books.

I'm watching Bargain Hunt now, just to annoy you all.

You're a fan of the Tangoed crook cnut?

You're a fan of the Tangoed crook cnut?
That's Dickinson's Real Deal or something. Not even I watch that, and I watch some shit.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm watching Bargain Hunt now, just to annoy you all.
I'm watching a bargain cunt! 10 Silk Cut and a Breezer and she's anyones!

stool.jpg
This should help.

What grips my shit is the perception that the great British public are all celebrity obsessed. Are we? I mean, are we really?

The only people that tell us 'we're' obsessed with this shite are the very crap peddling merchants who supply it to us in the first place.

I take it the persumption is that if scummy tabloids are full of crap about non-celebs partying or shagging other non-celebs and a small percentage of the public buy these papers, then by definiton they are craving the celeb hype because they buy the papers?

If all our main channel TV schedules are filled with Celebrity Dentistry on Ice or Masturbation with the Stars, then again by definiton that the majority of people watch this crap, because it's the best of whatever crap is on at the same time, then we must be obseesed with it?

I'll wager that if you took all the celeb TV crap away then the viewing figures would be exactly the same, but for different genre's. I'm sure if you had just gardening TV on all saturday night, we would be declared Gardening obsessives by The Sun or some ITV magazine program?

I really do not care if some sub-human educational drop-out is learning to Ice Skate because they have semi-famous parents or 'starred' in some minor reality show several years ago or shagged someone famous once. I really really don't

. . .and breathe!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
TV is fcuked long term as the channels become increasingly fragmented and the audience for each channel gets smaller and smaller. If you're dependent on advertising revenue and that revenue is dropping, you drop the quality of your programming. And some of the cheapest programs to make are the ones with fcukwits in.

The other program that's cheap to make is a 'Best 50' program. Any program with 30% fresh content counts as a new program so you get loads of cheap clips and fill up the other 30% with talking heads no-one has heard of.

Bring back gladiatorial contests I say. Watch two 'celebrities' trying to eliminate each other from the gene pool in the hope of reviving an already crap career is my sort of television. Can I nominate Piers Morgan v Simon Cowell as the first contest?

Wordsmith

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
I like Bargain Hunt!

However I am getting desperate for the start of the next installment of the 'Walking Dead' in February as that is the only thing I am currently interested in.