• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Celebrity spotting

P

PrinceAlbert

I've had a drink in my local with:

Chris Tarrant - he lives round the corner
Penny Lancaster
Hells Bells from soccer AM
Gary Linekar - he also lives round the corner
One of the boys from Busted
Michael Aspels wife
Most of the Chelsea football team - they all live locally

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I did a room service order back in the nineties for a hotel I used to work at.

the door was answered by Ulrika Johnson. in her pants.

I've also cooked dinner for the Manchester United contingent of the 1990 england team, after they got knocked out of the championship.

Feck it, I’ll say it anyway.

I work with a former member of OMD and have met loads of his ‘80s “showbiz” TOTP pals, all desperately and sadly looking for another huge pay cheque by managing bands. (Okay, some have actually done it and not squandered the money this time. Bastards).

They aren’t celebs, but all of them think they are.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
ScouseD said:
Feck it, I’ll say it anyway.

I work with a former member of OMD and have met loads of his ‘80s “showbiz” TOTP pals, all desperately and sadly looking for another huge pay cheque by managing bands. (Okay, some have actually done it and not squandered the money this time. Bastards).

They aren’t celebs, but all of them think they are.
which one? andy mccluskey? he did make a few quid from atomic kitten though didnt he?

once got asked to leave a resturant in Sardinia because Madona and Guy Richie and kids had bookede the whole place to them selves . Also Statos Quo was on the same flight to Ozz as me when they came for a walk around the plane, probely to see how the other half lived.

Spanny said:
My meeting famous people is rather bland . I've only met documentary maker Nick Broomfield and film critic Mark Cousins
I went to see "Control" at the Cameo in Edinburgh last year, Mark cousins sat right on the front row on his own.

Nobody sits on the front row at the pictures.

I used to go caddying as a kid to make some money (facking hated it.. Golf is bollox)

Got to Caddy for Gareth Hunt from the Avengers one day. Kenny Lynch and Bruce Forsyth were on the same round. And let it be known that Brucie is a complete throbber who blamed all his gash shots on me. The cnut.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Jon Moss, the drummer from Culture Club drinks in my local, apparently the stories about him having Boy George's Man Fat pumped out of his stomach aren't true. Whod've thunk it hey?

Another celebrity/toilet themed one from me.
I was in a pub in Notting Hill in May, I entered the boozer with a BPO (a bit poking out) and I looked obviously in distress as I scoured the bar for the location of the gents,one very nice gentleman clearly seeing that I was touching cloth kindly gave me directions to the council gritter down the stairs,hurridly thanking the good samaritin I bounded down the stairs three at a time as the turtles head was almost turning into the full head and body reaching the lavvy with nano seconds to spare before popping open a bottle of brown champagne.

Who was this chap who saved me from filling my pants with bum gravy?

Why,it was none other than Mick Jones from The Clash.

In a former local of mine, a sheepskin coated thug pushed me at the bar.

But the pub had a rule that you weren't allowed to hit gentlemen farmers.

Especially if they're called Vinnie Jones.

Is HRH Princess Ann a celeb? She formally opened a new facility in my uni and I had to show her around. She was surprisingly knowledgeable about the technical equipment and didn’t mention the fresh paint smell (all of the royals think the world smells like that). I’d met her before but she couldn’t place me, even though I said I’d had a shorter hair cut and dressed in fashionable green.

One of the police dogs, looking for explosives, sniffed my nutts. It was a good day.

I bumped into Gary Lineker just outside Windsor Castle. He was there having a quiet look round with his (then) wife and sprogs. I say quiet but there was a distant rumble as McDonalds suddenly emptied and herds and herds of autograph hunting chavs and chavettes puffed their way up the hill.

The price of fame. :lol:

Latest Threads