Celebrity Masterchef.

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by spike7451, Jul 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ex RE Maj Dick Strawbridge went thru to the semi finals tonight,Out cooking Jennie Bond,who went thru the compertition with her name badge upside down.

you never know...maybe a Ex RLC chef might win the next one!

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Was he demoted on transfer from the RSigs to the RE then?

3. It was his brother Dave that was RE.

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Thanks for the corrections chaps...I was going on something I read about that programme he was on 'Scrapheap Challenge' that said he was a RE Maj...

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Pah! Can't expect Crabs to get anything right!! :p

I'm rather looking forward to him battering the WI on Friday! :-D

• Like Like x 1
  6. An ex-RLC chef was one of the finalists in professional Ma-Chef last year...and one regularly is involved in the judging when they do the location catering shtick blond chap, can't remember the firm they use.

7. I may be completely wrong on this one but I am sure that the great Lt Col Strawbridge was once the CO of my old Territorial Army Signal Regiment, 32nd (Scottish) Signal Regiment (Volunteers), as I recall a man looking very much like him being our Boss of Bosses at one time.

Any (confirmation/no you idiot, you are wrong) would be appreciated.

Tam

8. i seem to remember watchin scrappy one wet sunday afternoon and when he was introduced as an 'expert' he was introduced as a REME rupert? Hmmm? (scratches chin)

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well,he's on TV in a mo,cooking for his culinary life as it were...

C'mon Dick!

10. Don't know about that Tam but Dick Strawbridge was a Troop Commander in 3 Squadron, 1 Div Headquarters and Signal Regiment in the early 70's. I served in the same squadron at the time. He finished as a Lt Col Royal Signals.

Watching it now and he has produced a great sweet.

11. More than once.

12. Brilliant I was in Bowman same time as Dick and I can't imagine anything upsetting him more than being called a "bloody REME"

13. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

And a spot on bloke he is too. I seem to remember a third brother in there somewhere too.

14. With a soup strainer 'tache like his, he's a natural - bound to win!!!

(I've probably just typed his kiss of death ho hum).

15. Correct. During one of his many appearances on Scrapheap, he was team captain with two of his brothers, both of whom were serving officers. They contested under the name 'Brothers in Arms' and IIRC, they won that particular series.