Celebrity endorsements of products

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by happybonzo, Jan 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In case you have any spare cash over from the Christmas & New Year thrash here's a little treat for you.
    I give you the Bear Grylls knife - a snip at only £350... CLICKY LINKY

Attached Files:

2. How fucking much???

£350 for a knife. You have got to be joking! I think Mr Grylls is taking the piss.

3. Ray Mears does one for a much more reasonable £295 although to be fair, his website also lists the British Army Knife at about £20 for the more fiscally prudent survivalist.

4. You wanna check out some of the shoite ray mears bangs out on his website and how much he charges. outrageous

5. Anyone foolish enough to buy products endorsed by Bear Grylls deserves to be ripped off.

6. Shirt from Ray Mears @ £95 :) If he carries on at this rate he'll be able to qualify as an MoD contractor Clicky Linky

Attached Files:

7. Does it come with hotel reservations as standard :? Its very nice but for £350 could buy a complete outdoors out fit I should think as well as a perfectly decent knife.

8. that looks like a very young Ray Mears LOL

9. check out the SHEWEE !!!!

10. An endorsement by a ''celebrity'' should cause potential purchasers to be very cautious.By the time the producer of the item has paid a ''celeb'' for an endorsement,these payments just get added onto the price.Therefor such an endorsement means that the item is definitely overpriced!

11. Does that include payment for THEM? Viz this on eBay....

"Survival Tin

As Used by the SAS, Commandos & the Special Forces

This High Quality Survival Tin Ideal for Storing Small Items of Kit.

Colour Silver.

This Lightweight Survival Tin Measures 7" Long and 3" Wide.
    Compact and Easy to Carry.

Please Allow 7-14 Days For International Delivery