Celebrating the QARANC Corps day???

A friend of mine has just informed me that an MDHU on the south coast is celebrating the QARANC corps day in the age old tradition of a treasure hunt in the surrounding area followed by a little quiz in the evening. What happened to celebrating the glorious begining of the corps and all those who served it?

breakfast = bucks fizz and Ulster fry

followed by church parade

and finished off with a curry lunch.

nowt wrong wi tradition lad, aye say nowt wrong

i suppose TPMH will be off to the donkey sanctuary

modernisation bah! :silent:

Lawnt said:
church parade and a short lecture for us, then retire to the mess
New PQO Cse?

If you mean will I be on the PQO course in April - I think so, commissioning board on Sunday and the adj./RSM looking after the paperwork for the course. All being well I'll do PQO1(b) in May. It's all going very quickly ... great fun though. It will be even better when pay starts coming through!

primroseandblue said:
I hope a church parade was part of every MDHU's celebrations, it was in my neck of the woods.

Fun to see who's SD/no2's don't fit any more too :biggrin:
we'll be having a scavenger hunt early next week, no. 2's all fitted perfectly for the freedom of gosport parade this week.

Lawnt said:
If you mean will I be on the PQO course in April - I think so, commissioning board on Sunday and the adj./RSM looking after the paperwork for the course. All being well I'll do PQO1(b) in May. It's all going very quickly ... great fun though. It will be even better when pay starts coming through!
dont eat too much of the cake tonight

you'll only regret it later!

whitemouse75 said:
primroseandblue said:
I hope a church parade was part of every MDHU's celebrations, it was in my neck of the woods.

Fun to see who's SD/no2's don't fit any more too :biggrin:
we'll be having a scavenger hunt early next week, no. 2's all fitted perfectly for the freedom of gosport parade this week.
Does that mean that we get into Emmas for free?

Oh, yes the scavanger hunt, I am really looking forward too it (hmm). I would much prefer the good old church parade. I think this hunt is a miguided attempt at morale boosting, I think that a bit of green mil training wouldn't go a miss. But hey, can't all be bad though there are prizes!!

Flambo said:
A friend of mine has just informed me that an MDHU on the south coast is celebrating the QARANC corps day in the age old tradition of a treasure hunt in the surrounding area followed by a little quiz in the evening. What happened to celebrating the glorious begining of the corps and all those who served it?
in reply to your last.
The true facts are that MDHU Portsmouth have spent the last week marching in NO2 dress in which it fitted all personnel involved.
This was carried out in preparation of the decommisioning of the Royal Hospital Haslar. Today all personnel except those on duty took part in the freedom of Gosprt which was one of the biggest parades i have attended in a long time, some 10,000 people turned out to see us march and attend a service. On friday we do a similar thing with the last church service at our affiliated church St Lukes.

With regards to our Corps day activities we are having a scavenger hunt in and around Gosport which will enhance team building and provide a higher lvel of military ethos and challenge us all, rather more than a quick church service and a ever familiar curry, were juniors sit in the corner of the seniors mess waiting to be allowed to leave and the officers as ever network.

we are also having an evening of entertainment with all fund raising going to the Falklands Trust.

So as you can see we at MDHU Portsmouth yet again i feel are leading the way in promoting military Ethos and getting the troops to realise that not every unit is the same and that not every Corps Day as to involve Naan bread and curry

HAPPY CORPS DAY TO ALL QARANC

soldierboy said:
Flambo said:
in reply to your last.
The true facts are that MDHU Portsmouth have spent the last week marching in NO2 dress in which it fitted all personnel involved.
This was carried out in preparation of the decommisioning of the Royal Hospital Haslar. Today all personnel except those on duty took part in the freedom of Gosprt which was one of the biggest parades i have attended in a long time, some 10,000 people turned out to see us march and attend a service. On friday we do a similar thing with the last church service at our affiliated church St Lukes.

With regards to our Corps day activities we are having a scavenger hunt in and around Gosport which will enhance team building and provide a higher lvel of military ethos and challenge us all, rather more than a quick church service and a ever familiar curry, were juniors sit in the corner of the seniors mess waiting to be allowed to leave and the officers as ever network.

we are also having an evening of entertainment with all fund raising going to the Falklands Trust.

So as you can see we at MDHU Portsmouth yet again i feel are leading the way in promoting military Ethos and getting the troops to realise that not every unit is the same and that not every Corps Day as to involve Naan bread and curry

HAPPY CORPS DAY TO ALL QARANC
my bold - That will be a first, or at least a long time in coming to your senses down there!

prepare for INCOMING!

Lawnt said:
Thanks B20 for the cake, much appreciated by all at a very pleasant evening!
There you go, soldierboy - Reg, TA and Assosiation members combined, all celebrated the Uniqueness of our Corps. Plenty of mingling between all present.

A good day, and evening had by all.

There is morale aplenty here - do you need some? we have surplus!