CDT failed, got booted, ways around reference?

Also remember that your new employer will want to ensure you pay the right tax. You will probably have to provide your last tax slip from the army - which will tell your new employer whom your last employer was.
Not necessarily. Under Real Time Information tax one can fill in a new starter checklist, P45/last payslip not necessary.

IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG

Quite a strict employer , required me to get a certificate of service from the MOD, see if you can get that from them, as it will normally show your medals , tours , start and end dates of service, that will count as a reference in many places.
As they take so long to process, the employer accepted an email from the chief clerk at my last unit, showing just my start and end dates of service as that is all he had access to.
Bound to be worth checking out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most references from companies, now just state something along the lines of, we can confirm, enter drug takers name here, worked for us between date - date.

They have no desire to be held responsible for a dick getting a job on the back of a strong reference, or the same dick suing them for not getting a job because of a poor reference.

If you want a worthwhile reference get mates to do it for you where possible.

"Customise" your CV to suit the job you are applying for , unless you go for civil service or the likes no one can check up on your past.

Say "I was in the army for a while, but army life wasn't really for me"

A true statement, that many civilian employers are likely to nod their heads and accept, but which doesn't mention your CDT at all.

Say "I was in the army for a while, but army life wasn't really for me"

A true statement, that many civilian employers are likely to nod their heads and accept, but which doesn't mention your CDT at all.
That would be right for most Arrsers , even those with 22 years.

As long as he hasn’t left a social media trail a mile wide behind him
Are you kidding me? :? ;-) Young people today are the major users of social media. Chances are he left a track a mile wide on Facecu*t, Snapchat, Twatter, etc that Ray Charles could follow. :-D

Employers will only confirm dates of employment if asked, not give any comment on the person's suitability of employment etc. This is because people have sued, and won, when an old employer has said that the person is no good and so on.

last time I was asked to give someone a reference was a couple of years ago. The questions were
along the lines of

Did this person work in this role between these dates?
are you prepared to give this person a reference ?

for one I answered 'Yes' and 'No'
He didn't get the job

last time I was asked to give someone a reference was a couple of years ago. The questions were
along the lines of

Did this person work in this role between these dates?
are you prepared to give this person a reference ?

for one I answered 'Yes' and 'No'
He didn't get the job
Thank you for your letter of 15th instant.
XXXX was employed by XYZ from X until Y.
I decline to give a reference for XXXX

Yours sincerely
CaprRid

Employers will only confirm dates of employment if asked, not give any comment on the person's suitability of employment etc. This is because people have sued, and won, when an old employer has said that the person is no good and so on.
The army will also give the reason of being booted out for CDT failure on a 108.

Not if the ‘bad’ reference is factually correct and isnt malicious
But companies will still have a policy of just giving key facts