CDT failed, got booted, ways around reference?

Fully expecting bare flak but been kicked out for CDT failure and after some advice please.

Does anyone know a way around a bad reference?

Or what they will even say on my reference?

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Fully expecting bare flak but been kicked out for CDT failure and after some advice please.

Does anyone know a way around a bad reference?

Or what they will even say on my reference?

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
You'll get a 108 (Similar to a reference) from the army which will say you were hoofed out for doing drugs. As a 108 is just a cheap print off the computer, some unscrupulous people just print their own and buy their own stamp.

Anyone can write you a reference and it's up to them what they want to put in it.

A lot of places of work dont ask for a reference/108 especially for young people. Things like the old bill, fire service etc probably will, but alot wont.

ah I see might have to jump on that bandwagon then to be honest.

So i don't have to use the dedicated number? that would make it a lot easier.

That makes sense. thanks bud.

As mentioned by stacker anyone can provide references.

It could become a problem if you want to be a copper, etc.

What were you kicked out for? How hard is your habbit? It's not a great lifestyle choice and is incompatible with most careers.

I wouldn't listen to @Baglock, he probably does more drugs than you do.

How old are you and how long were you in the Army? If you're 17 and kicked out in Week 3 of Basic just don't tell anyone you were in the Army. Unless you're joining the police or a similar job where they'll do a proper background check on you then who's to know?

Of course, if you were the RSM of 2 Scots until this week you'll have a bit more of a problem explaining where you've been working up until now...

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
You'll get a 108 (Similar to a reference) from the army which will say you were hoofed out for doing drugs. As a 108 is just a cheap print off the computer, some unscrupulous people just print their own and buy their own stamp.

Anyone can write you a reference and it's up to them what they want to put in it.

A lot of places of work dont ask for a reference/108 especially for young people. Things like the old bill, fire service etc probably will, but alot wont.
You don’t get a nice wee red book like in the olde days?

Nope. I got a reference emailed to me by my last Foreman of Signals (who was also my Tp Commander) and about three years later a piece of paper from (from memory) the SoS turned up saying thanks for the memories and enclosing my Veterans' Badge.

That went out ages ago. An A4 sheet of paper called an 108 is what most people get.
It's supposed to be written by the OC/CO but its generally drafted by the Troop commander or SSgt.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Still haven't had my 108

Reference came from my old boss who wrote me up quite well (had to check the name on it a few times...)

Got a badge and a colour print out of my JPA quals, which I'll probably never use because I'm quite sure any employer won't know what 95% of the abbreviations mean - along with the fact I'm pretty sure they won't care I passed my "Military Swimming Test" in Sept 1991.

@whitbywar77 - I'd concentrate on nominating your references over what may or may not be on a document that I'm still waiting on 15 months after I left...

ah I see might have to jump on that bandwagon then to be honest.
No. It would be the exact OPPOSITE of honest.

So i don't have to use the dedicated number? that would make it a lot easier.

That makes sense. thanks bud.
If you get caught 'presenting a false declaration', especially one purportedly from the MOD, you will find yourself in a whole world of trouble.
Think long and hard about it.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nope. I got a reference emailed to me by my last Foreman of Signals (who was also my Tp Commander) and about three years later a piece of paper from (from memory) the SoS turned up saying thanks for the memories and enclosing my Veterans' Badge.
That went out ages ago. An A4 sheet of paper called an 108 is what most people get.
It's supposed to be written by the OC/CO but its generally drafted by the Troop commander or SSgt.
Cost cutting I suppose but still a bit shit.... sorry we spent all the money....

No. It would be the exact OPPOSITE of honest.

If you get caught 'presenting a false declaration', especially one purportedly from the MOD, you will find yourself in a whole world of trouble.
Think long and hard about it.

The chances of being caught are next to zero so long as you don't go for a job that has a lot of vetting.

As many major civilian employers have a policy of only confirming employment dates and job title it isn't going to be a long term problem as they expect only verbal references by phone half the time.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Many civilian firms will get you to sign some form of declaration on your application form stating that the facts in it are accurate. At worst case it can be used as a reason to terminate your employment - a lot would depend on future employer's opinion of you.

Most employers will ask for a reference from your last two employers - if the army was your first job and you were only there a few weeks, you might get away with it. However, if you've been in the army for some time, there will be an otherwise inexplicable gap in your employment record.

As @Furryturd says, references are pretty well dates of employment and job title; however, some employers do ask if there was any outstanding disciplinary action against you at the time of leaving.

Also remember that your new employer will want to ensure you pay the right tax. You will probably have to provide your last tax slip from the army - which will tell your new employer whom your last employer was.

As employers don't generally ask for references for most than the last two employers, you might have to get a couple of very low skilled jobs (McDonalds and so on) in order to get a work history that doesn't involved the CDT.

Wordsmith