CDS interview Newsnight tonight 9 Dec

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Dec 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Newsnight to include "a rare interview with the Chief of Defence Staff", Gen Sir Michael Walker. BBC2, 1030 pm, tonight Thursday 9 Dec.

2. excerpt from script

"Yes, and we'll be axing the TA to pay for it"

Bitter and Twisted? Moi? :evil:

3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

More likely quote........

"We will be streamlining the Army into one battalion for maximum flexibility in a light challenger2 airborne helicopter medical engineering disaster relief squadron called Gordon Brown's Excel Spreadsheet Well Equipped Peace Keeping Regiment with increased and rebranded TA personnel. The new TA Brand will be ""New Army" made up of a core pool of 100,000 highly skilled volunteers who are ex-regular soldiers who have patriotically agreed to be plucked from their families with no notice and no compensation for the inevitable loss of their job and will smile and serve until hell freezes over or their hips give out via a new amendment to Section 13 of the Unlucky Act and the Reserve Forces (Moving The Goal Posts After You Signed Up) Act 2001.

4. Damn me Hackle, the very act I read

....and was reminded VERY forcibly of in 1999 :evil:

5. Sign up lads take the coin and have a friend in the AMS............PTP you really need to talk to me
    :wink:

6. You're on top form this morning, MIB. Great post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Saw the interview, it was shite. He looked bored most of the time and tired the rest. At no time did he look interested or give anything other than a scripted answerish.