CDS Beret

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Retd_crab, Jun 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have on a couple of occasions seen CDS on camera sporting what appears to be a Sapper beret and badge, first time i thought he had grabbed the wrong one or pinched some staff minions for the TV , then I saw it again and again.

Forgive my ignorance but I would expect him to wear an RAF Blue beret with air officers accoutriments not an Army Blue with Sapper Officers "Bomb". Can anyone enlighten me?

I have also noted a certain 3 star Gunner (late CRA/DRA) wearing a maroon beret and General officers cap badge out in the sand pit. I realise he is pretty high up the food chain, but shouldnt he revert to Blue like everyone else not in an airborne post (less Para Reg of course) or does everyone just wear what they like these days. I do remember a 1 star in Germany being told not to wear a Sandy covered beret does the same not apply?

I think we should be told.

2. Agghhh
    I see this is a cover up at the highest levels
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

4. He's our Boss: he can wear what he likes!

Who is going to question him....?

5. He wears it because he was CO of the airborne Gunners and as such, like all Generals he wears the headress of the Regiment they commanded.
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I can just see a newly appointed staff officer telling a General Officer who happens to be ex 7RHA or 29Cdo that he can't wear a maroon/green lid. :D :D

PS The 1* was probably reminded of the need for persec even though his days as one of THEM were long gone.