CDS ACM Sir Stuart Peach to be top NATO military chairman

D

Deleted 60082

He was, of course, on Canberras for a while. But as a navigator the likelihood of him successfully ejecting from a Canberra was precisely NIL.

Amended for clarity. Jim is a top bloke but I think there's a bit to go before a Cdr RNR (Rtd) is appointed as CDS.
Yeah but Transgender is the new BAME. Jemima's...oops sorry, I mean Jim's 'journey' will probably see him to 2* at least in today's PC military!

Regards,
MM

A decent bloke has risen to the top. And those under him are saying ' he is fantastic Purple' I should suggest we all wish him the best of luck. UK Armed Forces need people like him.

Does that really need an answer? :cool:
In fairness, yes. I can't think of any other coalition nation which is contributing the same maritime and air capabilities we have in recent years.

Regards,
MM

It would be hilarious if they took up Carter's direct recruitment idea and appointed a civilian CDS instead of him.
If by hilarious you mean watching as the various vested interests with Defence collectively shît a brick as they realise that the new chief isn't beholden to their petty squabbling, I'd agree.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Maybe look aboard. Vice Admiral Norman is looking for work.

In its way, that really wouldn't be a bad thing. Thinking has become too small.
Indeed.

And perhaps it might just save us from ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yokel

LE
Amended for clarity. Jim is a top bloke but I think there's a bit to go before a Cdr RNR (Rtd) is appointed as CDS.
There is an FTRS Senior Rate who seems to think he is Admiral of the Fleet, Master of all the beasts of the Earth and fishes of the Sea, Lord Protector Dada...

Last edited:

Latest Threads