CD of Regimental and Service Marches needed.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Watcher, Jun 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The church I attend is about to inter the remains of one of our stalwarts who was a rear gunner with the RAF and PoW . At the end of the funeral we would like to play the RAF March Past as he leaves on his final mortal journey. Sadly we must expect to do the same for many of his comrades from all the services as they reach advanced years. Can anyone recommend a CD that has appropriate marches for all the services?

I realise that we will struggle to get all the regimental marches for the Army, what would be the appropriate march to play for a fomer soldier?

2. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Actually my Dad bought a CD from somewhere which has a lot of the Army Regimental Marches on it because we had my husbands as a surprise for the march out of the register office when we got married a couple of months ago. I will get the name of it because it is currently in my car. I'll also ask my Dad where he got it from because it might have other service CD's as well.

Sam x
  3. "The best military bands album in the world...Ever!" (I kid you not) has got the lot.

EMI 7243 474496 2 8

Ebay is your friend - item 260422310312
  4. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Yea, Dad said Amazon or Ebay.