CCRF Call out - London???

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Jul 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any news on this, as I understand the Metropolitan Police don't like to call on military assistance but ......?

I haven't heard anything yet (but I'm not in the area)
  2. Nothing heard.

Fvcking angry if it's a bombing though.
  3. Was wondering if it was worth ringing in? Sounds like the most sensible thing to do would be raid Finsbury Park and pick up all the GIA terrorists that we have so generously sheltered from extradition to France or Algeria all these eyears, but I don't suppose that will ever happen.
  4. Just contacted the Mrs to ask her to iron my kit 8O

Haven't heard a thing but if the mobile phone systems struggling they may need some alternative comms assests down there....
  5. Sitting in the City here, v busy - lots of sirens.
  6. I've bee officially put on notice by my reg.
  7. r u Inf? I don't think London Regt would get the call, from what I've heard the metropolitan police aren't to keen on military assistance.
  8. A bit of calm I think...

Looks and sounds like incendiary devices. No NBC (If there was I'd be dead) so no need for CCRF I believe.

My regt provides comms for the CCRF so we'd be part of the first to go, so if I hear anything will let you know.
  9. Polar

I think QKR is HAC

10. Yes, seems like many people are jumping to conclusions. Just checked in and they've heard nothing (but they are trying to find out)
  11. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Seen the TV reports, it looks like the emergency services have it in hand. There doesn't seem to be panic and no sign of NBC. No reason to get excited.
  12. Probably incendary devices of some type....

If it were a power surge, then be pretty powerful to do busses :)

Mobile network down here is shite... been trying to call a business number, guess its every one saying im fine, or stuck etc..

Mrs Jennie cant get home at the moment... Beer anyone :)

13. Looking at the main thread, indciations are that the process has started.
  14. Probably best not discussed anyway