CCF CFAV training

Countryboy

Old-Salt
Anyone else been through CCF CFAV training, at either CTT or Frimley Park?
I did both, a pre-basic and then the CCF Basic.

I found it a strange setup, as I was neither taught how to instruct cadets or to run a section and the DS at the pre-basic actually said "this is not a pre-basic for Frimley".
I felt well trained in the actual APC subjects, but knew nothing on how to be a CCF officer.

Luckily, I was an ex-cadet so that got me through most.

Anyone here had similar/different experiences?

Boxy

GCM
Having just run a distributed CCF Basic Officer Course I too was shocked at the content.

IMOO doing the ACF AIC course would be of more benefit

Countryboy

Old-Salt
Having just run a distributed CCF Basic Officer Course I too was shocked at the content.

IMOO doing the ACF AIC course would be of more benefit
Interesting.
On mine it was basically just doing the stuff a Cadet L/Cpl or Cpl would do, there was no actual instruction on how to teach cadets.

Boxy

GCM
Interesting.
On mine it was basically just doing the stuff a Cadet L/Cpl or Cpl would do, there was no actual instruction on how to teach cadets.
I think that they, the superior beings at Frimley Park, assume, incorrectly, that all CCF AIs are teachers already and don’t need it…

Again another reason why the CCF BOs should just go on the AIC.

That’s more or less what we did, they joined the AIC on day three, unfortunately too late to be taught CFIT but they partook of the ranges and the Ex phase which included being the students for the AIC Summative teach backs, this helped both courses as the AIC had real novices, in the main, and the CCF actually got some benefit of the Fieldcraft lessons taught.

Latest Threads