CCF 150th Anniversary Celebration and Help for Heroes Dinner

Discussion in 'OTC' started by FFAGrimReaper, Nov 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I know that lots of OTC guys and girls are ex-CCF so this is for you really...

Bellow is an email all about a 3 course dinner, being held for the Combined Cadet Force cadets, Ex-cadets and Adult Volunteers in January of Next month, thought I'd post it here. The contact is cadet150@googlemail.com

This email contains information regarding the Combined Cadet Force 150th anniversary Dinner at 19:00 on 8th January 2010, at the Honourable Artillery Company in Central London. It is a National event to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Cadet Forces in 2010.

The event is serving a dual purpose:
    To Celebrate and Commemorate 150 Years of the Cadet Forces Movement.
    To Raise awareness and money for the Military Charity; Help for Heroes.
    The Military Dignitaries from each service are:

Royal Navy: Rear-Admiral Jarvis
    British Army: Major-General Lalor
    Royal Air Force: Air-Commodore Stewart

We are also expecting the much celebrated Veteran and hero LCpl Matt Croucher.

As with all events to celebrate the Cadet 150, the MoD has supplied no funding for this event, and as such, costs are covered by ticket sales. However, these include:

Three Course Formal Dinner,
    Short Speech by our Guest Lance Corporal Croucher,
    The opportunity to mix with and learn from the experiences of around 300 other like minded cadets.

Tickets are selling at £40 a head, irrespective of age or rank. This should appear to be the excellent value for money that I believe it is.

Please note, some spending money is required as whilst Water is provided on the tables, drinks have not been included. (This is to prevent the Cadets Subsidizing Adult beverages. I hope you understand).

Should you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Grim