CCCP

#1
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...1.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/06/30/ixportal.html

Cycling through London, I check out the words on people's T-shirts, and I was amused the other day to see the letters CCCP on someone's chest.
Boris Johnson was surprised. He asks

What makes the achievements of communist Russia so special and different, that you can simper around in a CCCP T-shirt, while anyone demented enough to wear anything commemorating the Third Reich would be speedily banged away under the 1986 Public Order Act?
What is your answer to mr.Johnson?
 
#2
I've been saying this for years - regardless of its actions and what it did right/wrong, seeing people who think it's "trendy" to be Soviet/Communist makes me want to hit them over the head with a lead pipe and punch them in the face until all that's left is mush and a soggy concrete floor.
 
#4
I would propose the thought, that certain people do not even realise the significance of the wording on the garment they are wearing!

Trendy - perhaps. Political - doubtful.

That would be equal to saying that wearing a Jamaica top would condone the use of soft drugs and Bob Marley music!!!!!
 
#5
I want an OD CCCP t-shirt that fits under CS95 - because it's offensive to some, nostalgic for old f"ckers like me that remember 3 Shock Army, a talking point when I take the jacket off and because we won and they don't exist any more.
 
#6
me n bee said:
I would propose the thought, that certain people do not even realise the significance of the wording on the garment they are wearing!

Trendy - perhaps. Political - doubtful.

That would be equal to saying that wearing a Jamaica top would condone the use of soft drugs and Bob Marley music!!!!!
Exactly! Exactly! No sodding idea what it entails - for some people, it would be akin to "the kids" sporting swastikas on themselves as the latest fad.
 
#7
Kolya said:
I've been saying this for years - regardless of its actions and what it did right/wrong, seeing people who think it's "trendy" to be Soviet/Communist makes me want to hit them over the head with a lead pipe and punch them in the face until all that's left is mush and a soggy concrete floor.
In Burlon Bks catterick, I had a giant Commie flag suspended in the window, Nobody gave a flying fuck, apart from a company of spams who came on a exchange visit. They got really pi$$ed, Told them to sod off and stop singing at 07:00. I still have a CCCP tee-shirt and a Lenin pin badge (I sometime have it on at work to pi$$ my boss off and those nasty tories) :D
 
#8
Cpl_ripper said:
Kolya said:
I've been saying this for years - regardless of its actions and what it did right/wrong, seeing people who think it's "trendy" to be Soviet/Communist makes me want to hit them over the head with a lead pipe and punch them in the face until all that's left is mush and a soggy concrete floor.
In Burlon Bks catterick, I had a giant Commie flag suspended in the window, Nobody gave a flying fuck, apart from a company of spams who came on a exchange visit. They got really pi$$ed, Told them to sod off and stop singing at 07:00. I still have a CCCP tee-shirt and a Lenin pin badge (I sometime have it on at work to pi$$ my boss off and those nasty tories) :D
Ah, well, that's different; comedy and/or antagonism entitles people to do anything - jumping on a "trendy" bandwagon with ignorance for the subject material entitles them to a kick in the balls :wink:
 
#9
What makes the achievements of communist Russia so special and different, that you can simper around in a CCCP T-shirt, while anyone demented enough to wear anything commemorating the Third Reich would be speedily banged away under the 1986 Public Order Act?

Stalin had a better moustache?
 
#11
I think it is all lost in the messed up world of fashion, I want to go and knuckle punch these people to the head, if they are in love with commies' so much why not take the next plane over to North Korea and take of residence.

Cheers 2CB
 
#13
Its just fashion who cares what ********* wear .I'got a che guvera t shirt cos it reminds me of citizen smith :) .Wouldnt wear a cccp t shirt unless
it was olive green for a laugh .with ex 3rd shock army road bump on the back :lol: .
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#14
Stalin once signed an execution order for 38000 -yes 38 thousand- people on a single piece of paper. I believe he originated the quote "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic"
 
#15
#16
Time for a tale.

Some where in Germany in the 90s, we had just got a new keen CO who decided we would all do a bit of PT at Oh god its dark aclock every second day. So the first time the troops turn up there is the normal mix of Tshirts and sweat tops etc.
This did not please the powers that be because we didnt look "military" enough whilst running around the woods outside the camp.

On orders that night was the dress for the next outing. Shorts (of a "neutral" colour) and a red army PT vest!

Next PT morning all the guys are looking nice and spiffy in their red tops except for one individual wearing a green one.

Yeah youve guessed it it had CCCP across the front and he said "Well it is a RedArmy PT vest. Sir!"

Oh how we all laughed as he got beasted around for the next hour or so...
 
#20
I saw many times young ladies on Moscow's streets wearing T-shirts made from British flag.

Girl-mate of my daughter said that she adore Great Britain only because of Gery Hollywell. Indeed there is something 'very Russian' in her style.
 

Latest Threads