CCCP

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Jun 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml;jsessionid=ERBCMQ31CAIORQFIQMFCNAGAVCBQYJVC?xml=/opinion/2005/06/30/do3001.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/06/30/ixportal.html

Boris Johnson was surprised. He asks

What is your answer to mr.Johnson?

2. I've been saying this for years - regardless of its actions and what it did right/wrong, seeing people who think it's "trendy" to be Soviet/Communist makes me want to hit them over the head with a lead pipe and punch them in the face until all that's left is mush and a soggy concrete floor.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

4. I would propose the thought, that certain people do not even realise the significance of the wording on the garment they are wearing!

Trendy - perhaps. Political - doubtful.

That would be equal to saying that wearing a Jamaica top would condone the use of soft drugs and Bob Marley music!!!!!

5. I want an OD CCCP t-shirt that fits under CS95 - because it's offensive to some, nostalgic for old f"ckers like me that remember 3 Shock Army, a talking point when I take the jacket off and because we won and they don't exist any more.

6. Exactly! Exactly! No sodding idea what it entails - for some people, it would be akin to "the kids" sporting swastikas on themselves as the latest fad.

7. In Burlon Bks catterick, I had a giant Commie flag suspended in the window, Nobody gave a flying fuck, apart from a company of spams who came on a exchange visit. They got really pi$$ed, Told them to sod off and stop singing at 07:00. I still have a CCCP tee-shirt and a Lenin pin badge (I sometime have it on at work to pi$$ my boss off and those nasty tories) :D

8. Ah, well, that's different; comedy and/or antagonism entitles people to do anything - jumping on a "trendy" bandwagon with ignorance for the subject material entitles them to a kick in the balls :wink:

9. Stalin had a better moustache?

10. Stalin killed more jews and anybody who don't fit in than Hitler did.

both just as bad as the other.

11. I think it is all lost in the messed up world of fashion, I want to go and knuckle punch these people to the head, if they are in love with commies' so much why not take the next plane over to North Korea and take of residence.

Cheers 2CB

12. Yeah but the trains ran on time !!! 8)

13. Its just fashion who cares what ********* wear .I'got a che guvera t shirt cos it reminds me of citizen smith :) .Wouldnt wear a cccp t shirt unless
    it was olive green for a laugh .with ex 3rd shock army road bump on the back :lol: .

14. Stalin once signed an execution order for 38000 -yes 38 thousand- people on a single piece of paper. I believe he originated the quote "one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic"

15. Speaking of lame "trendy" homages to mass murderers, next time you're in Dublin laying seige to Temple Bar, why not dine at Cafe Mao?

http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/8/pt/0/spid/5F67013F-A514-494C-A6D40B99A308B1C5.htm

For a decent summary of Mr Mao's cheeky shenanigans, including being responsible for the deaths of 70 million people (or so they say), see this review by Max Hastings:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2005/06/05/bocha105.xml&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=68307