CC cleaner

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by stabradop, Dec 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone noticed with this that sometimes, when you click the "Analyse" button and it comes up with for example 100Mb to be removed, then when you actually run the cleaner it removes less than that?

I was just wondering why that is and is there anything you can do about it?

Thanks

2. No I haven't...usually more because while analysing I do something else :lol:

It's Cr4p Cleaner not Cr4p Cleaner Cleaner (1 "C") :p

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Still a great tool. And even better for free. I use their defrag tool as well. Good too.

4. I know :lol: its a bit like a sparks referring to a PAT Test :p

5. Agree with this . One of the better bits of free software . I have used it for a couple of years and had no problems .

6. It is a great piece of kit don't get me wrong, but I was just wondering why it doesn't always remove the amount that it says that is due to be.

7. I could be wrong but isn't the part that is not deleted only removed if you buy the Pro-Version ?

8. I am running version v.2.23.999 which probably is not the latest version but runs all the cleaning functions satisfactorily .

9. Options>Advanced>Untick "Only clean temp files older than 48 hours".

10. Done, nice one OJG :thumleft:

11. Could it be that you still have your internet browser open. If you do then it doesn't clear all areas, although it does give you a notification to say this.

Or it could just be as OJG said! :wink:

12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

There isn't a pro version. There is a, if you want to contribute to the fund button, bit like this site!, but that is all.

13. Just run it again, it usually cleans it.

Very good little bit of software, much better than the stuff packaged with Windows anyway! :D