CBRN

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Boxy, May 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just had a couple of recruits telling me that they had ben taught that the UK on the suit pocket has been changed to GBR, asked centre guru, it's news to him.

Can anyone help? any schools bods out there.

UK similar to UKR Ukraine, but then again GBR Gibraltar?

2. I have heard nothing from the school and we are a distributed training centre for them.

3. My understanding is that NATO has adopted GBR as the 3 letter abbreviation for Great Britain, replacing UK. This is probably where the change started.

4. Thanks guys.

Redcap, we're the same here & have heard nothing.

I'm gonna stick to teaching UK until told otherwise.

5. Just looked on the CBRN Instructor disk issued from the gurus and the info is as follows:

GBR - Rank - Blood Gp

Name - Int

Hope that helps.

6. Guess that settles it then, why oh why don't they disseminate it down.

7. Did the CBRN lesson yesterday and got told of the change, apparently its because johny foreigner was mistaking the UK for the Ukraine.

8. Nothing like having timely info. I did the conversion course last November and my disks only came through two weeks ago. Not in time for the MATT camp but hey never mind, I was running the Range.

9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I presume then that all Soldiers from Ulster will put 'NI' on instead of GBR?

Or will people confuse us with Nigerian peacekeepers, or something?

10. Well so it does......... they could have told us.

11. This change is now about two years old now.......so WTF! I was told this at the w/e Don't you just love the way we're kept updated!