CBRN Instructors posts x 6

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Biscuits_AB, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Google 'Police Professional'. Details of the jobs are on the home page. 6 vacancies for civvy NBC (WTF is this CBRN nonsense) Instructors.

Paying £22 - £23k.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think CBRN has now replaced the term NBC in the forces...

3. [quote="the_matelotCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I think CBRN has now replaced the term NBC in the forces...[/quote]

Yep - it's CBRN from here on in.

4. Chemical, biological, radioactive, nuclear. To come into line with the rest of the services due to coppers working with squaddies and squaddie shouts, "get your NBC suit on ya dirty, filthy copper, you will never take me alive".

*I lied about most of that.*

5. It's radiological not radioactive.

The difference being that something with a radiological bent will not necessarily be radioactive. For instance there are chemical elements which are used in industrial processes to generate "X-Rays", but the X-rays are not generated by a radioactice source.

Radiological encompasses it all, whereas radioactive only refers to that which has a half life.

Yawn!

6. CBRN Jobs

Hope the link works sounds like a good number if you have or nearing finishing your time to top up your pension.

7. Just checked the write up, applications closed today.

8. Never mind pay wasn't very good anyway :)

9. biscuits is gay.

10. msr

msr LE

So what are X-Rays produced by then?

msr

11. Nurses who press the large green button?

A CBRN job in 'civvi street' (or with the Police) should, by way of the fact that the Forces have now changed to be in line with 'civvi street', be pretty much the same as one while in the forces, shouldnt it?
    NOT that I in any way interested in it, just trying to fathom out whether the change from 'NBC' actually had a real purpose or not..

12. The change from NBC was not as a result of falling into line with civvy street.

NBC referred to the threat envisaged during the cold war and subsequent military defense.

CBRN covers the threat in the modern age and subsequent contingency planning. Although on the face of it this is dealt with by civil and police agencies there is a large amount of military involvement under MACP and MACC arrangements, unfortunately not able to be discussed here due to OPSEC.