theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Alcohol is legal
Can soldiers get pissed on guard?

At my first unit the guard commander got smashed out of his mind on southern comfort. He then threatened the guard holed up in the guardroom (armed but unknown ammo state - he was one of the ammo storemen) and was eventually "subdued" courtesy of pick helves , sedated by the MO and was eventually faced some "disciplinary action".

So yes, clearly people can get pissed on guard.

Every time I covered someone else's duty it all went tits up, unit barman went awol, a Sgt went awol and was rumoured to be armed, Woodbridge tried top himself, and Dumpy shot at the gas(oil?) tank by the workshops.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Can someone please explain I'm new here... What are the main CBD benefits for your body?
Use of it can remove your body from the army.

At my first unit the guard commander got smashed out of his mind on southern comfort. He then threatened the guard holed up in the guardroom (armed but unknown ammo state - he was one of the ammo storemen) and was eventually "subdued" courtesy of pick helves , sedated by the MO and was eventually faced some "disciplinary action".

So yes, clearly people can get pissed on guard.

Every time I covered someone else's duty it all went tits up, unit barman went awol, a Sgt went awol and was rumoured to be armed, Woodbridge tried top himself, and Dumpy shot at the gas(oil?) tank by the workshops.
So basically you are a Jonah..

Check with the MO, you get an authoritative answer and get in in writing. Someone simply telling you one thing will be no use further down the line if someone else has a different view. If it wasn't written it wasn't said, four corners of the contract and all that.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I suffer with a lot of pain owing to Spondylisis and my joints wearing out , so far i've had two rotary cuff ops for my shoulder one knee replacement and another on the way and I got Arthritis .

My tramadol and paracetamol did'nt work at 6:00 this morning so at 11:15 I took two CBT gummy drops. I am now trying to type whilst some what woozey and pain free. As I've been clean an sober for 17 i need to be careful . theres absolutely NO THC in the drops so may be it all in the mind.

I suffer with a lot of pain owing to Spondylisis and my joints wearing out , so far i've had two rotary cuff ops for my shoulder one knee replacement and another on the way and I got Arthritis .

My tramadol and paracetamol did'nt work at 6:00 this morning so at 11:15 I took two CBT gummy drops. I am now trying to type whilst some what woozey and pain free. As I've been clean an sober for 17 i need to be careful . theres absolutely NO THC in the drops so may be it all in the mind.
Are you certain there’s no THC? It’s unlikely that a pure CBD product would make you woozy.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Are you likely to be subject to CDT ?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
It could also be that mi body is a temple of purity after 17 years off booze and drugs ?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you likely to be subject to CDT ?
done that a couple of times , yes it did help but not for pain. on second thoughts that was CBT whats CDT ?
It wasn't a completely serious question, as your previous suggested you were either long past serving or permanently on the biff.

If you don't know what CDT is then you probably left before recreational drug taking was widespread, and therefore are unlikely to be subjected to Compulsory Drug Testing.
And if you do get tested it'll not have severe implications for your military career.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It could also be that mi body is a temple of purity after 17 years off booze and drugs ?
The Taj Mahal curry house ?

It wasn't a completely serious question, as your previous suggested you were either long past serving or permanently on the biff.

If you don't know what CDT is then you probably left before recreational drug taking was widespread, and therefore are unlikely to be subjected to Compulsory Drug Testing.
And if you do get tested it'll not have severe implications for your military career.
I think you’ll find recreational drug use was pretty widespread before CDT was introduced!

On the specifics of CBD being detected; I believe the answer is that it’s not on the WADA prohibited list so it’s not tested for.

The risk with CBD oils from non-medical sources is that they will contain THC which is banned. But that risk is low now.

Nearly all CBD oils sold are isolates, made from industrial hemp. The oils are extracted using alcohol and then fractionally distilled to isolate the individual cannabinoids which are then crystallised out. Oils made from hemp are legal in the UK and federally in the USA. If it’s labelled a CBD isolate from a reputable source, then it’s not going to contain THC

An oil described as Full Spectrum will be made from marijuana strains that have been deliberately hybridised to contain less than 1% THC. The resultant oil must be less than 0.3-0.5% THC depending on the jurisdiction. These carry a bigger risk of detection, although the level of THC should be below the detection threshold of the test. The big risk with these oils is that they contain more THC than they are supposed to; if the growers’ bio security is poor or has been breached then the plants could well contain more THC. Even reputable brands have been caught out.

And then there’s the illegal stuff. That’s very likely to contain THC as it’s impossible in the illegal market to source marijuana plants that don’t contain THC. Illegal growers grow for the recreational market and that means THC. Illegal processors process marijuana because it’s easy; they don’t process hemp because you need vast quantities of the stuff to extract enough CBD.

So, buyer beware. Buy CBD isolates from a reputable source and you’re taking no risk. Buy full spectrum from a reputable source and your taking a low risk. Buy anything on the black market and you’re taking a big risk.

Two other things to consider. The amount of THC found even in an oil made from high THC marijuana isn’t enough to overload your body’s ability to process it. Unlike smoking, where THC is stored in the far cells and processed when the body is able, the amount of THC in an oil is metabolised quickly. It’s gone from the urine within 8 hours of dosing.

And a final point. CBD isolates are about as much use as tits on a fish. The terpenes, flavonoids and other cannabinoids which create an entourage effect have all been boiled off.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think you’ll find recreational drug use was pretty widespread before CDT was introduced!
Recreational drug use has been going on since someone ate the wrong berry, but it obviously became more widespread amongst the demographic likely to join the forces or the shed wouldn't have introduced CDT.

Recreational drug use has been going on since someone ate the wrong berry, but it obviously became more widespread amongst the demographic likely to join the forces or the shed wouldn't have introduced CDT.
Not sure that’s true. CDT was introduced in the mid 90s. Drug use amongst the “demographic likely to join the forces” was endemic long before that.

I think CDT was introduced when the technology, particularly the IT, became available for mass testing. You have to remember that early 90s the Army was near enough a computer free environment.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not sure that’s true. CDT was introduced in the mid 90s. Drug use amongst the “demographic likely to join the forces” was endemic long before that..
The shed have rarely had too much foresight, and have been even worse at predicting the future, therefore the test came after the problem.

I think CDT was introduced when the technology, particularly the IT, became available for mass testing. You have to remember that early 90s the Army was near enough a computer free environment.

Some twenty years after the Septics
I realise it was before the internet, but did ideas and technology really take that long to arrive in the UK ?

One would have thought they could have sent a ship each year to check if there were any new discoveries.

Latest Threads