CBA Plate position

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dampsquib, Feb 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wierd question regarding kit for you.

Does anyone know if there is a version of the CBA with the plates biased to the left for people who are dextrocardic (heart on the other side), as opposed to the standard issue, which has the plates more over to the right?

2. Just wear it inside out!
  3. Already thought of that! my other option would be try not to get shot (and i'm sure that's what the Qm would say!)
  4. Can't your QM order in Osprey body armour for you? Or you could have the plate holder moved over to the right by the tailors!
  5. I would ask up the chain. If you're that special, they would make one for you based upon medical records. If you go getting one modified it could cause all sorts of problems. Push it up the chain.
  6. What problems would it cause moving the plate to the right slightly? Are you on glue?
  7. I see this stuff in line with flying suits that our aircrew wear. If you start making illegal modifications things can get messy legally.
    Also, say he has an accident with it in theatre and needs new CBA. If he isn't 'in the system', there is no way to get the modified kit properly. I'm just trying to get him to obtain a 'proper' solution rather than a botched one, so that it will work down the line and for other guys in a similar position.
  8. Jesus
    Heart on the wrong side ffs i s'pose the Siamese twins on the telly would want two helmets next! Be pretty cool for watching arcs tho'
    Do you need an eye patch when firing your personal weapon too?
    What sort of people are we letting join these days.
    Hearts on the wrong side indeed.
  9. Thanks for the replies. They've just given me a set of osprey kit, as it covers the whole chest!

Bit of a bone question though, i got 3 fillers, 1 back, and 2 front. Both front fillers have the same NSN, but one is thinner. Are they both supposed to go in, or is it part of the adjustable level of protection?

10. Sorry to bump this - anyone able to answer my last?

11. I don't see any problem at all in letting Dr Who join up.
  12. LMAO.

Re armour question about the two front plates. if they both fit in, wear them both. Your mum wants you back in one piece.

Well done for getting the prob fixed properly.
  13. Thanks for that. It's not the plates - i've sussed that one - i'm not putting both sets of plates in at once (i don't have thighs like Garth!) it's the soft fillers that's confused me. They do both fit in at once, but why 2 for the front? just make one bigger!
  14. If you have to work with the Septics I'd put all three in the back mate. :wink:
  15. Is one black and the other one green?