Cavlalry Officer Shirts

Discussion in 'RAC' started by future_rupert, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where to buy decent cotton No.2 Cavalry shirts? Anywhere on Jermyn Street? Stephans?

2. Yes - Stephans. That was easy, wasn't it?

3. Thanks for that, do they them off the peg or made to measure only? Anyone else compete in this market?

4. Uniformal do off the peg, nice and smart, then take them to your taylor to fit your needs, more precicely

5. F R

As stated by VM, Stephans is the only viable option, he has ready made in regular and long sleeve and will post to any location.

Unless you are in touch with a regimental PRI, I think QRH used to have another supplier.

As far as I am aware Uniformal do not stock a white brushed cotten shirt.

YM

6. But that isn't a cav shirt, is it? Once a year you starch the collar and breast and wear it underneath the ginger bollocking suit. Otherwise it is a soft, comfy friend. Like the knee-length jumpers.

IIRC the uniformal shirts had no pleated pockets. Quite wrong.

7. Get one of these bad boys:

Attached Files:

8. If one has a tailor, one's tailor makes the damn thing in the first place! What sort of cad buys off the peg then has his tailor tart it up a bit!

Next you'll be suggesting one gets WO shirts off the QM and have the tailoress alter them!

But seeing as one doesn't know the difference between 'taylor' and 'tailor' one's wasting one's breath on one... :wink:

9. Ah.... something for the laydeez...

10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I wouldn't have minded having our regimental tailoress about 1979. If she'd wanted a shirt to tailor I'd gladly have given her one.

11. Thats the way yo go Alien, drag it right down to gutter level !!!!

As a Senior NCO attached to the QRIH/QRH we used unifomal shirts, as I recall so did the Orifices!!

Nobby

12. New & Lingwood or Stephans

The Stephans shirts used to be a slightly paler colour but lots of people used to wear them regardless.

13. They used to do :?

14. They used to do :?