Cavaliers and Roundheads.

Reading in the Daily Hate today about Ken Clarke's plans for secret inquest's...or "secret justice" (shurely shome mishtake)..I got to wondering what our final protection from the State is. I came to the conclusion that is probably her Majesty.
My question is this, how many of my fellow arrsers would follow their oath to the Crown if the worms got their way and we were being locked up without trial, sold to the EU, taxed to death, disarmed even unto our kitchen knives, had our kids indoctrinated instead of educated.....you get the idea, and then the EU decided that Monarchy's are just not rock' n'roll, and she decided enough was enough.....?

My question is this, how many of my fellow arrsers would follow their oath to the Crown if the worms got their way and we were being locked up without trial, sold to the EU, taxed to death, disarmed even unto our kitchen knives, had our kids indoctrinated instead of educated.....you get the idea, and then the EU decided that Monarchy's are just not rock' n'roll, and she decided enough was enough.....?
Who needs all that to happen I'm ready to go now....

Cry God for Lizzie, England and St. George!

CaptainPlume:4416073 said:
Ponce!!! I'm a roundhead. Wounded in the line of duty. Not a religion thing.
You risked a blowy from a chick with a brace? There must be a commemorative medal for that!
No. Not as pleasurable. Being in the AAC and without wings I at least wanted some that I could earn without flying so opted for wings of the brown variety. I sustained injuries from which I had to have my mac amputated.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ponce!!! I'm a roundhead. Wounded in the line of duty. Not a religion thing.
Me in all. Birds bleat on about the pain of childbirth? Puffs. Try getting circumcised at 21 years of age.

Back on threadish. It would be a very silly EU that fucked with Her Majesty. It would be a very silly anybody. As that mincer Gary Barlow found out recently.

TBH I'd punch a politician in the throat just because there's a 'Y' in the day.

If we are going to overthrow the Govt can I insist that we do it in Red Dawn style?

"WOLVERINES!!!!!"

Thought this would be about circumcised males, I'm a Cavalier by the way if anyone wants a look?
A picture will suffice.

Me in all. Birds bleat on about the pain of childbirth? Puffs. Try getting circumcised at 21 years of age.

Back on threadish. It would be a very silly EU that fucked with Her Majesty. It would be a very silly anybody. As that mincer Gary Barlow found out recently.
They will wait until the succession and then start the campaign to turn us into a republic.

Much better chance of getting away with it then.

My loyalties switch with the change of monarch, which wasn't all that uncommon. Whilst QE2 reigns, I'm Cavalier. When that sadly ends, I'm in a lobster pot and Senatus Populusque Anglorum all the way.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
My loyalties switch with the change of monarch, which wasn't all that uncommon. Whilst QE2 reigns, I'm Cavalier. When that sadly ends, I'm in a lobster pot and Senatus Populusque Anglorum all the way.
What if it skips wingnut and its King William?

What if it skips wingnut and its King William?
Nah, still not interested really. QE2 has been a truly spectacular monarch and HofS but I think the ecosystem of royal family and flunkeys is a joke. With the exception of Anne, the children are either nasty, risible or weak, or a combination of the above, and one of them will bust the franchise.

I admit that the alternatives aren't exactly great, but it's the 21st century FFS, why do we have a massive civil list and think that we are a model of democracy that should be exported into various Bongo-bongo lands? The sad fact is that the immense competence and grace of QE2 has masked us from seeing a whole messy and unedifying hierarchy, a totally flawed and amoral honours system, the politics of preferment, and a delusion that we are still a world player.

TBPH I coudn't care less anymore. 21st century western society is so spectacularly morally bankrupt that the hoi polloi deserve whatever comes their way.
Frankly, I'd waterboard my own mother, HM and the baby Jesus for $750.00 a day + expenses.

Nah, still not interested really. QE2 has been a truly spectacular monarch and HofS but I think the ecosystem of royal family and flunkeys is a joke. With the exception of Anne, the children are either nasty, risible or weak, or a combination of the above, and one of them will bust the franchise.

I admit that the alternatives aren't exactly great, but it's the 21st century FFS, why do we have a massive civil list and think that we are a model of democracy that should be exported into various Bongo-bongo lands? The sad fact is that the immense competence and grace of QE2 has masked us from seeing a whole messy and unedifying hierarchy, a totally flawed and amoral honours system, the politics of preferment, and a delusion that we are still a world player.
Plus of course if we do away with the whole lot of them then QE2 can go one up on her mum, she was the last Empress but imagine going down in the history books as the last monarch!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...Wotesaid.... For the King until such time as the Line fails.

Neatly illustrating the dilemma a lot of people experienced during the Engrish Civil War . Quite a few started out on one side and swapped midway. Cf General Hopton and (poss Admiral Blake) ..imagine having to fight alongside a prick like Lord Manchester.....civil wars are like that....France in 1940 ( and which way the troops serving outside of Metropolitan France jumped) is another. Some stayed loyal to Vichy, others joined Free French, nominally under Brigadie-General CDG.

Backalongaways, my forebears came from God's Own County of Cornwall ( Arrrrrr - give I that pa-a-a-sty!))

The West Country was generally Royalist.....which may be why one of my ancestors (Tobias) had to ...uh...vacate the premises and seek a new life in the Lord Protector's far flung colony of Massachusetts in 1658.....the victorious Parliamentarian rabble and the Levellers were quite keen on ' sequestration' :).

Alternatively, he may have been a jnco in the New Model Army - and forced to leg it when the Stuarts were restored.

One of his descendants became the U.S Ambassador to France. Another was captured during the War of 1812 by HM Brig Colibri as the mate of a Letter of Marque, transported to HMP Dartmoor and there kufered it, back on the ancestral soil.... Ah, the irony of it all....

They will wait until the succession and then start the campaign to turn us into a republic.

Much better chance of getting away with it then.
Yeh, this country would be so much better off with a politician as head of state. It would cost us nothing and bring in many more tourists.:thumbdown:

Latest Threads