cav or just crewman

Discussion in 'RAC' started by lukee, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone give an opinion on which they think is best to join, i.e whats it like doing the ceremonial stuff? Am I better off just going with the tanks?

2. Easy. Tanks. Unless you like polishing your helmet!
  3. check your PM's
  4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Wouldn't go by what PM's have to say - he's been talking arrssssssse ever since he got back from holiday.
  5. Its not tanks mate , any thick fecker can work on tanks . Its CVR(T)
    you need some brains to do that job .
  6. :banned: What you want to do is work on computers in a nice warm office drinking coffee, eating biccies and the occasional pastie in the naafi.Forget the panzers ,either big or small there oily things that have a tendancy to break down in the rain.Go for the cushiest job going!!!That is the best advice you can have."Anyone can rough it"Jesus me hard drive has gone or jesus me final drive has's up to you.By the way I went for the oily option so I'm not a big pooooooooof.I was just foolish. :banned:
  7. A bit of hinde sight. Aim as high as you can reme or engineers. get a trade. Have you concidered Navy or Air force. As cav at war you are cannon foder for yanks. But shooting things with a 120mm cannon is a crack...
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

If you think that big boys toys is all about follow my leader lad you have never had the chance to site in the right handseat yet. When you get a little more experience we'll have a chat about it - but for now I'm off back to my bathchair.
  9. Cheers elovabloke , Demo SQN Warminster 98/99 before RTR . I know all about the importance of the OMC switch mate . In all honesty Tanks are
    less mentally demanding than CVR(T) .I know because i have done both .
    And in a few months i get yet another 30secs from the army for my BFT
    so i have plenty of expperience to call upon .
  10. Go on then - explain what the OMC (control, not switch) did then...
  11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Congrates on BFT extension. My age puts me in CVR(W) - things that started with S. But Big boys toys will always be in my dreams as I'm pushed around in my beloved bathchair.
  12. Last ditch switch so you could run your BV off the batts . Under the
    radios between the Commander and Loader , should be lock wired .
  13. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Glad to see priority's are in order. BFG is a bit of a gunnery wag and may feel it had other uses.
  14. Gunnery is not funnery , dont forget your four fingered point .
  15. No, go on, tell me about the X relay...dare you!