Cav Mem Females

As a female cap badged with the RAC, I shall be attending Cav Mem this year. However, does anybody know what the ladies should be wearing??
Pinstripe skirt suit? Bowler hat? Umbrella?
At a guess.. right? wrong? maybe?

MissGrenade said:
As a female cap badged with the RAC, I shall be attending Cav Mem this year. However, does anybody know what the ladies should be wearing??
Pinstripe skirt suit? Bowler hat? Umbrella?
At a guess.. right? wrong? maybe?
Attending meaning marching? or will you be attending just the service around the Bandstand?

SgtH

Old-Salt
Jodhpurs, riding boots and crop??? or is that only in my wildest dreams??

Certainly not the bowler hat or the umbrella.

A female from the Royal Yeomanry wore a bowler hat one year and it was perceived as offensive by our old and bold. I'm sure she just meant to draw attention to herself and perhaps even an element of p*ss take but to offend the old boys is just not acceptable. Wrong time and place. Royal Yeomanry should have gripped her.

Weak.

Don't see what the problem is as Bowler Hats for women are perfectly acceptable attire for women in Equestrian circles which is where the RAC are drawing their traditions from.

elovabloke

ADC
western said:
Don't see what the problem is as Bowler Hats for women are perfectly acceptable attire for women in Equestrian circles which is where the RAC SOME are drawing their traditions from.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Even the RTR are horsey walts.

Dog-faced-soldier said:
Ideal dress would be full CEFO, heels and a long fur coat, preferably mink.
......with riding boots, spurs......AND crop?????

HHHHHHHHrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmpppppppppphhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Tankies would never have such debauched and generally horsey type fantasies!!!!

Now, in 1970's Tidworth during an open day, there was this Girl Guide Akela who, entered the Cmdrs hatch displaying full webbing and nylons as her tunic skirt lifted up to her waist as she dropped in........!! :oops: :roll:

merchantman said:
SgtH said:
Jodhpurs, riding boots and crop??? or is that only in my wildest dreams??
Did you mean wettest dreams
Far too true!!

does that make me a sad pervy???

Thanks guys.. I think we generally got from that.. don't be so daft as to ask a generally all male population, what a woman should be wearing!!
Should've known better!

RAC, dress is a high viz vest, it was the last time I called them out to look at my car!!

I'll get my coat

Stilts

MissGrenade said:
Thanks guys.. I think we generally got from that.. don't be so daft as to ask a generally all male population, what a woman should be wearing!!
Should've known better!
You have it all wrong. What I said was that Cam Mem is a memorial parade, not a political platform.

You asked a legitimate question and received a considered response. Just because you did not like the response, doesn't mean there is an Army wide misoginist conspiracy to prevent females from wearing bowler hats. If you wish to wear a bowler hat in Hyde Park, then crack on, just not at Cav Mem.

Cav Mem is a parade and you are effectively on duty and in the public eye.

If you are considering wearing this order of dress, you must be a young Officer. I consider it unwise for a young officer to use a memorial parade to fallen comrades to cause offense by making a political statement. Your soldiers, who you are employed to lead will be embarrassed and will question your judgement - why do this just to make a statement?

Part of our service conditions is to show respect for others - please accord our fallen comrades that respect.

I further remind you that bowlers hats, umbrellas and the march past are secondary to the remembrance service for our comrades killed in action, some of them quite recently.

If I was your Adjt, I would advise you against such action. If you fail to take considered advice, you should not be suprised if your judgement is questioned at reporting time.

You should know better!