Cav Mem Females

Discussion in 'RAC' started by MissGrenade, Mar 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a female cap badged with the RAC, I shall be attending Cav Mem this year. However, does anybody know what the ladies should be wearing??
    Pinstripe skirt suit? Bowler hat? Umbrella?
    At a guess.. right? wrong? maybe?
  2. Attending meaning marching? or will you be attending just the service around the Bandstand?
  3. Marching.
  4. PM Inbound........... :wink:
  5. M G

Assume Big Un has provided the required dress state.

6. Jodhpurs, riding boots and crop??? or is that only in my wildest dreams??
  7. Certainly not the bowler hat or the umbrella.

A female from the Royal Yeomanry wore a bowler hat one year and it was perceived as offensive by our old and bold. I'm sure she just meant to draw attention to herself and perhaps even an element of p*ss take but to offend the old boys is just not acceptable. Wrong time and place. Royal Yeomanry should have gripped her.

8. Don't see what the problem is as Bowler Hats for women are perfectly acceptable attire for women in Equestrian circles which is where the RAC are drawing their traditions from.
  9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  10. Even the RTR are horsey walts.
  11. Ideal dress would be full CEFO, heels and a long fur coat, preferably mink.
  12. ......with riding boots, spurs......AND crop?????
  13. You lads are sick - nice thought though
  14. Did you mean wettest dreams
  15. HHHHHHHHrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmpppppppppphhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Tankies would never have such debauched and generally horsey type fantasies!!!!

Now, in 1970's Tidworth during an open day, there was this Girl Guide Akela who, entered the Cmdrs hatch displaying full webbing and nylons as her tunic skirt lifted up to her waist as she dropped in........!! :oops: :roll: