Catterick

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ga_is_ea, Dec 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI I PASSED SELECTION AT LICHFIELD ON 8TH DEC AND AM OFF TO CATTERICK ON 11TH MARCH 07,,,, ANY ADVISE OR TIPS WOULD BE MUCH APRETIATED, ANYONE ELSE JOINING SAME TIME?

2. Dont go.

3. Advice, yep, DONT FCUKING SHOUT. Keep your head down, team spirit up, get on with the guys you are training with, dont draw unessasary attention to your self,don,t gob it off, get a grip of your personal admin (V important), give 110% effort & enjoy yourself. Good luck.......

LT.

4. dont come here with an attitude coz you'll just get filled in

try and get yaself noticed (for good reasons obviously)

dont eat yellow snow

5. thanks for the advise everyone, ill bare it in mind, just working on my fitness now.

6. dont sit on the grass outside the white shops and drink - you'll get arrested

dont start fights in tescos at 2am - again, you'll get arrested

dont 'big it up' in Richmond or Darlington - guess what, you'll get filled in then arrested

7. ga

follow chris's advice

8. lol bedpan2zero sounds like you had some fun,

on a serious note thanks for the advise much appretiated

9. you need a dark sence of humour to survive in the army

but most of us have had bad times that we can look back on and laugh at now (but not then)

do as your instructors ask, put the effort in and youll be fine
    yes, there will be times when youll hate it, wont see the point in why you are doing certain exercises, or you may just be homesick.

take it on the chin, learn and move on. Basics isnt the real army - youll find that at the end of Phase 2!

good luck young 'un

10. thanks for the advise i uderstand that im gona have some low points amongst the highs, suppose ill find out when i get there, one more thing is, yoiu know how infantry training is a combined phase 1 and phase 2 training, when do would i pass out if i succeed???

11. Always remember the instructors main aim is to get you working as a team and instil a feeling of comaraderie. He will shout and call you all the things under the sun, that's his job. The instructors will knock you down as low as they can and build you up as a switched on soldier who should be ready for anything the world throws at you. Stay switched on, work with your fellow recruits and show the fcukers what you're made of

12. well if you dont all ready know from my other posts, i join on 28th january as my enlistment was brought forward :D just wondering as its only 15 days away, if anyone else is going same date as surely someone registered on this site is going the same date...thanks all!

13. Very good advice most pubs and clubs in Darlington wont let you in any way

14. As stated earlier,Basic is'nt the Real Army,the Real Army start's when you get to Bn and you get woke up at 2am by some p*ssed up Monster(usually a bust Lance Jack) who then inform's you that you are going to the Kebab van for him,and then on your return he will ask you for the change,even though you bought it ! :muhaha:

15. yep they hate squaddies in darlo

i got a smack in the mouth tonight in cactus jacks lol