Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by game_over, Nov 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi , im off to catterick soon bt i was wondering if any of you guys know how many miles i should be able to run before i start phase 1 , thanks
  2. I wouldn't worry about distance at this stage fella; as long as you can run 2.4km in less than 10.30 minutes that'll do. Endurance running will come with the training.
  3. Oooooo about 64 or more - in full kit, wpn, boots and carrying about 55LB over Pen-Y-Fan.

4. As long as you can run to the Naffi and back without any problem you should be ok because when you get to your Bn you will be doing plenty of that,it's a sort of welcoming process,don't take it personal,it happen's to everyone,so don't go running off to the Padre saying your getting bullied and you want to get out...
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

The fitter you are to start with, the easier you will find the course and the better you will do. Just do as much as you can before you go.

Good luck
  6. am in catterick now, the 1.5 route is a nightmare

up and downh hills on a stoney surface, plus theres fcukin cattle grids to watch out for

we had to do it yesterday in gale force winds and it was pissin down

was a laugh though
  7. Bollox is it its a lot easier than the old route here

There is only 1 cattle grid on the route and if you had a switched on PTI and platoon staff then they would open the gate next to it
  8. 1.5 mile in under 10:30 and 3 miles in under 30 mins