Catterick training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi so I have my assessment on the 10th of June and if I pass I should be joining on the 30th of june.
Just wondering if anyone will be joining that day too. Not to sure what to bring and expect apart from from whatever research I can get off the internet and YouTube. Just a little heads up would be nice. Thanks.

Hi so I have my assessment on the 10th of June and if I pass I should be joining on the 30th of june.
Just wondering if anyone will be joining that day too. Not to sure what to bring and expect apart from from whatever research I can get off the internet and YouTube. Just a little heads up would be nice. Thanks.

Take with you an open mind, and a brain that will absorb the commands, orders and sage advice by the DS, Hygiene requirements, toothbrush etc, leave behind your ego, and any preconceived ideas you may have on the British army. If in doubt, ask, DO NOT BITE, if having the piss taken out of you. What you may think are daft and stupid practises, are all engineered to turn you into a soldier of the queen. Help you mates, if needed. Remember, your basic training is only a small part of your long and successful career, once it is over, and you join your first line regiment, that is when the fun starts. Remember, you are going to be part of a very exclusive club, the best in the world. The very best of luck......enjoy yourself!

Take with you an open mind, and a brain that will absorb the commands, orders and sage advice by the DS, Hygiene requirements, toothbrush etc, leave behind your ego, and any preconceived ideas you may have on the British army. If in doubt, ask, DO NOT BITE, if having the piss taken out of you. What you may think are daft and stupid practises, are all engineered to turn you into a soldier of the queen. Help you mates, if needed. Remember, your basic training is only a small part of your long and successful career, once it is over, and you join your first line regiment, that is when the fun starts. Remember, you are going to be part of a very exclusive club, the best in the world. The very best of luck......enjoy yourself!
I know I just can’t wait I’ve wanted to do it since I was a kid

I know I just can’t wait I’ve wanted to do it since I was a kid

Don't be too eager to please, you will find the atmosphere and lifestyle alien to civviy life, and it can be a culture shock, go with the flow, do as you are told, however daft it might seem. What you take as normal now will be torn to pieces in the army, you must be adaptable to changing circumstances, think on your feet, show aptitude,
The first few weeks will scare the shit out of you, and slowly you will harden up, and accept as normal what a civvy would run a mile from, when that happens, you can consider yourself a competent soldier. You will be shouted at, bolloced, and praised in equal order, accept it in good faith, DO NOT REACT, its " Yes sir-staff-Sgt-corporal" My first few weeks scared the shit out of me, today some 45+ years later, the regime is not as harsh, nonetheless, the basic tenants of recruit training haven't changed since Cromwell's new modal army.

Don't be too eager to please, you will find the atmosphere and lifestyle alien to civviy life, and it can be a culture shock, go with the flow, do as you are told, however daft it might seem. What you take as normal now will be torn to pieces in the army, you must be adaptable to changing circumstances, think on your feet, show aptitude,
The first few weeks will scare the shit out of you, and slowly you will harden up, and accept as normal what a civvy would run a mile from, when that happens, you can consider yourself a competent soldier. You will be shouted at, bolloced, and praised in equal order, accept it in good faith, DO NOT REACT, its " Yes sir-staff-Sgt-corporal" My first few weeks scared the shit out of me, today some 45+ years later, the regime is not as harsh, nonetheless, the basic tenants of recruit training haven't changed since Cromwell's new modal army.
Thank you I believe I’m prepared of what’s to come just want to expect the best and worse

The_Duke

LE
Please use the sticky thread set up for Catterick discussions. Up near the top of the board, clearly titled. You can’t miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads