Catterick sticky 2021 - All ITC Catterick chat in here

That's not such a good idea with regards to your personal security. Especially with giving out info of where you are going and when on a public forum

Nazbooo187

Swinger
A very limited number of technical trades can. Infantry can't. Expect to spend time at your unit after completing your training and to settle in/show your potential/get a place in the queue followed by perhaps 6 weeks on a Drill and Duties course (name may have changed) before you are eligible to promote. You then need to be selected.
Great thanks for the reply much appreciated

Nazbooo187

Swinger
A very limited number of technical trades can. Infantry can't. Expect to spend time at your unit after completing your training and to settle in/show your potential/get a place in the queue followed by perhaps 6 weeks on a Drill and Duties course (name may have changed) before you are eligible to promote. You then need to be selected.
Great thanks for the reply much appreciated
Yes, he can private message me
messaged you now cheers pal

Passed selection yesterday. Just waiting for a start date, which I’m told I should get next week. Although they said it could take longer due to proceedings with the government (assuming the cuts). Hoping it doesn’t take too long. To anyone who has joined Rifles, how long did it take you to start phase 1 after your assessment? What Battalion did you get?

Last edited:

ScootScoot

Swinger
Passed selection yesterday. Just waiting for a start date, which I’m told I should get next week. Although they said it could take longer due to proceedings with the government (assuming the cuts). Hoping it doesn’t take too long. To anyone who has joined Rifles, how long did it take you to start phase 1 after your assessment? What Battalion did you get?
Did you get a date mate? I did the 30th March assessment centre and got a call the other day saying nothing for infantry for June intake so looking July/August.
think the cuts has dramatically slowed everything down. Frustrating as they are offering me different roles but I don’t want to pick it for the sake and be unhappy and want out...

Rik@111

Swinger
Looks like the army is going crap I'm a rejoin infantry passed assessment medical in Jan still waiting for my reg apparently there has been a pause on rejoining and recruiting they told me they haven't got a time frame for how long this is in place anyone got anymore info or have heard anything it applies to new recruits to the pause if I don't hear nothing soon I'm going join french foreign legion I applied to rejoin end of 2019 and I'm still waiting army having admin problem lol

Dyl424

Clanker
Did you get a date mate? I did the 30th March assessment centre and got a call the other day saying nothing for infantry for June intake so looking July/August.
think the cuts has dramatically slowed everything down. Frustrating as they are offering me different roles but I don’t want to pick it for the sake and be unhappy and want out...
Same with me mate, 30th March I passed and they said I’d probably be on the end of June intake, emailed the other day and nothing as of yet so just gotta keep waiting

Latest Threads