Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catterick sticky 2021 - All ITC Catterick chat in here

Starting training 21st March at Catterick, anyone else starting on this date and wants to get a group chat going feel free to message me

Sflynn1970

Clanker
I am doing my Phase 1 in Feb and was wondering what leave if any you will get during both phase 1 and 2

Thanks in advance
My so. Is coming to the end of his Phase 1 training. Because of Covid there haven’t been any weekends home in Phase 1 but he did have Xmas break. Depending on what regiment you are joining will depend on how long a break you have between phase 1 and phase 2. But most are 2 weeks break. My some is joining royal engineers and he has 2 weeks. But bear in mind some regiments you only get that weekend off before starting phase 2.

Runin

Swinger
I applied on 15/11/20, got my assessment centre date (15/2/21) on 17/12/20, got my Catterick start date (28/3/21) when I was at assessment centre
Hi mate I took my assessment Feb 2020, got to basic in October. Got injured 2nd day got deferred came out start November so now got to reapply after 6 months cant wait to get back. Hope everything's goes ok for you cheers..

Nazbooo187

Swinger
Probably going to get some stick for this but Wondering if anyone could shed some light, I’ve seen a few places that people can get promoted to lance corporal straight after basic training. Is this true/ likely?

I am joining the guards and have my basic training booked for 22nd March

thanks in advance

The_Duke

LE
Probably going to get some stick for this but Wondering if anyone could shed some light, I’ve seen a few places that people can get promoted to lance corporal straight after basic training. Is this true/ likely?

thanks in advance
A very limited number of technical trades can. Infantry can't. Expect to spend time at your unit after completing your training and to settle in/show your potential/get a place in the queue followed by perhaps 6 weeks on a Drill and Duties course (name may have changed) before you are eligible to promote. You then need to be selected.

IceKing

Old-Salt

thanks in advance

To get promoted after phase 2 you need to join either as a tech, mp or maybe a few trades in the signals. This is not a given as you need to prove yourself and pass and be eligble to promote after completing ALDP.

thanks in advance
Hi lad, I'm starting training for Guards on the 21st, you sure it's 22nd? I've got a groupchat going with a few other people in the same intake

Latest Threads