Catterick sticky 2020 - all Catterick chat in here

RandyLahey

Swinger
Anyone know if there’s any sort of screening process for Coronavirus for recruits on day 1 or something?

Can’t imagine a sizeable number of Infantry recruits becoming ill is something the MOD would be taking lightly.

RandyLahey

Swinger
Paras so no doubt would have seen you near Helles. Had everything ready and now I’m just day drinking and depressed.

You ready for guards?

RandyLahey

Swinger
Same here mate. Just trying to deal with the problems in front of me for now and hopefully folks with big brains will sort out my intake. What a mess though? Imagine the army is shut for recruitment.

forerunner

Swinger
My intake is still live for May but fingers crossed, reading online sounds like training is potentially starting again in May. Was on the 60 second British army update

RandyLahey

Swinger
Some lads are going back mid may for a condensed course with social distancing measures (smaller sections) but as for new intakes I’m not sure. Was told by a lad supposedly going back soon (infantry) that his plt commander said no new intakes until september/end of quarantine. This lad has no reason to lie and like him I think that anything could change before then but it looks like we’ll be waiting for at least another month.

My CSM seems to think army recruitment will be one of the first things relaxed but really I don’t think he knows an awful lot at the moment.

John39

Crow
Some lads are going back mid may for a condensed course with social distancing measures (smaller sections) but as for new intakes I’m not sure. Was told by a lad supposedly going back soon (infantry) that his plt commander said no new intakes until september/end of quarantine. This lad has no reason to lie and like him I think that anything could change before then but it looks like we’ll be waiting for at least another month.

My CSM seems to think army recruitment will be one of the first things relaxed but really I don’t think he knows an awful lot at the moment.
Yeah that lad was right unfortunately. My start date got scrapped and I was told by my afco that new intakes won't be starting until September.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt

So they won't recruit as much so no assessment ?.they will be relaxing recruitment

RandyLahey

Swinger
If you’ve not even been Assessment Centre yet then I truly feel sorry for you. It’s bad enough all these intake delays before AC delays. I was 11 days away from sitting at home with Army pay. Should have picked the earlier intake when I had the choice, what a dope.

My CSM hasn’t called about September but luckily I have a few numbers I can text/call in the regt I’m going into so can find out more.

With a little luck though boys we’ll be in before then as anything can change in that timeframe.

Latest Threads